FFTHH SCENE 8

1. INT

NOON

CHRIS'S APARTMENT

Serena knocks on the front door only to see that it was already open. Without thinking twice she walks in only to see Chris talking on the phone.

CHRIS

Yeah man, I told you that it would be easy...... Who would have thought that all I have to do to get close to miss superstar is to drug her drink at the party...

Serena heard what he was saying and just kept her mouth shut while listening to the rest of the conversation.

CHRIS

I know right, those pictures I took of her at Savory were gold, especially the one where she puked on a cop's car; (Snickers) priceless...... Told you it would make news. I'm telling you, if I keep dating Serene Silver, we'll have new scandals on her pretty much every week...... Tonight I'm planning on taking her out for a 'romantic' dinner at the world's first moving submarine restaurant...... Yeah, I can see the headlines now, "Serene Silver Disastrous Dinner" (Laughs)...... Hey man, I got to go pick her up soon, I'll call you later...... Bye.

SERENA

(Voice cracks) Chris...

Chris froze when he heard Serena's voice. He quickly turns around to see her standing behind him with tears streaming down her face. His face holds a mixture of shock and a bit of guilt.

SERENA

(Crying) Have you really been using me this whole time? Am I nothing more than a headline to you?

CHRIS

(Stutters) Baby, I can explain...

Chris tries to grab her hands but she pushes him away.

SERENA

Explain what? That you never really liked me, (Voice cracks) you were just using me!

CHRIS

(Sighs) Guess the cat's out of the bag. (Smirks) Yeah, I'll admit it, I have been using you and let me tell you, it was a pleasure doing so.

Serena covers her mouth; trying to contain herself from crying so much.

CHRIS

(Walks around her) Before I tell you why, let me tell you who I actually am. Well, you already know my name but not my job. I'm actually an undercover photographer for "Tween Teen" magazine. I went to the celebration party because I was hoping to get embarrassing shots of you. But after a few hours of nothing interesting happening, I decided to take things into my own hands. While you weren't looking I put a couple of... well let's just call them 'happy pills' into you drink. I was hoping to go to your place but considering you won't tell me your address I had to take you back to my place. I had to figure out a way to get close to you, who knew you would melt so quickly after a small kiss on the cheek. But then again, you are still a teen with raging female hormones.

Chris leans on the back of the sofa to face Serena, who was struggling to keep herself from crying her eyes out after hearing the fact that he was never into her, only uses her for scandal stories.

SERENA

(Crying) I can't believe I was being used. (Voice cracks) I'm such an idiot...

CHRIS

(Fake sympathy) Oh don't be sad, baby. Look on the bright side, now you are on the cover of every teen magazine available.

Serena quickly runs out of his apartment and into her car. With teary eyes, she drives away without looking back.

EXT

-