The Place: Chapter Two

We reach the door and I look to Levi who nods. I step aside and allow Levi to face the door. I gesture to the door indicating that Levi can take control from now on. A smug smile appears on his face and he raises his book. The pages face the door and they start to glow intensly. Suddenly the door has glowing cracks appearing all over the suface. The cracks glow even brighter and the door shatters. I run in to see yet another man standing in front of me.

        He runs at me and I react quickly. I jump and grab onto the ceiling and start crawling, speedily, and land behind him. I slice at his back once and he releases a scream of pain and swings around. A punch to my right cheek and I scream and fly backwards. "Don't touch my sister!" Levi screams and his book starts to flip, rapidly, through the pages. It lands on two pages that seem to glow with a bright crimson sheen. "Détruire lui!" he exclaims and his eyes start to glow red. I quickly get up and get in front of him and grab his arm and his eyes stop glowing. "The spell still is in effect." Levi tells me and nods at the man. I quickly turn to the man who is glowing with crimson cracks all over his face.

         "Can you stop it?" I ask not taking my eyes off the man. He is screaming and then suddenly he is laughing. I look at him confused.

         "There is no need to do that Levi," he says and gets up and looks at us. His face is void of the once glowing crimson cracks. ", I can never die." The man then claps. "I must say I am impressed by the proggres you both have made." he says walking around the room. "You all will do well in our army." he says and then turns to us. "I know you guys have so many question so why dont we get going and I can answer all of them." he says and starts towards the door. I throw my knife and it narrowly misses his nose.

        "You will answer one question now," I say firmly, "who in the hell are you?" I say stepping in fron of Levi whom the guy has been starring at for the longest time. The guy smiles and nods towards Levi.

         "I am in his book," he says, "I know this because I am the one who wrote and gave that book to you when you were of age, Levi." He smiles and walks out the door.

        "His name is 'Le puissant' most commonly known in english as "The Powerful One'." Levi says and looks up at me. I am shocked and looks back at the doorway the guy had just walked through.

        He pokes his head back in and says, "You guys might want to grab your things too I don't think you will see this place for a long time." He says and I nod to Levi who heads back to our room. I grab my case and a backpack pre-packed with clothes and a pair of my favorite black boots. I turn to Levi and see he has all of his stuff.

         "I am going to really miss this place." I say letting out a sigh of sadness and spin to take in the whole room. I look to Levi who has a face of disappointment and sadness. I look at him with comfort and pat his shoulder with my free hand. "We will be okay, I promise." He looks at me and smiles and nods. We head for the front door and both run into each other and almost fall over.

        After laughing for about five minutes we head out of the door, one at a time. We both turn to look at the house, taking it in one last time, I look at him and smile and head for the black van that was parked in the drive way. One man dressed in a black suit took our stuff and another opens a door for us.

         We step into the car and settle down. A couple minutes later the man known as 'The Powerful One' stepped in and sat in front of us. "Hi guys, instead of what Levi's book says just call me TP." he says chuckling a little. He is obviously an immature adult. We both just stared at him, emotionless. His smile disappears just as fast as it had appeared.

         The car ride was long, tedious, and awkward. After about an hour of no talking and trying to avoid eye contact the car came to a stop. I step out of the car and stretch. My limbs felt numb and useless when I stepped out of the car.

         The car had stopped in front of what looked like an old church. The gothic pillars, and scary gargoyles made me slightly uneasy about the place. I turn to see Levi stepping out behind me. He has the same uneasy look that I do. He steps beside me and we give each other reassuring looks. TP steps in front of us and gestures for us to follow.

         TP reaches for the door but his hand stops a couple inches away from the door. He turns to us and says "Guys, when we get in here the people may seem like they want to kill you, but they just want to be sure you're capable of being with us." he has a serious look and makes sure to look us both in the eye.

         He turns back to the door and holds his hand in front of it. The back of his hand has a glowing symbol that is hard to make out. When it stops glowing he opens the door into a huge room with enormous stairs at the back that leads to a long hallway. There are bookshelves that cover the walls from the ceiling to the floor. Each of them are full of books that I've never heard of. There were couches, chairs, and tables all over the place that looked like they came from the victorian era.