Chapter Twenty-five: Motel

"Hold on, start from the beginning." Josh asked, confused and slightly panicking as he held onto the silver pen over the fresh yellow notebook. I shifted in the uncomfortable metal chair, rubbed my bare arms to get rid of the goosebumps. The police station was cold today, the air conditioner was cranked up to the max and the interrogation room was full of dust and mold. Taking a deep breath, I start all over again.

The night before was a memory I could not forget, I could not forget the blonde devil that took everything from me; my strength, will, and love. I stood there in the doorway of the fridge, my legs growing cold and forming goosebumps as it crept up my bare arms. However, I did not focus on my freezing bones, more on the former beautiful couple that occupied my kitchen in the middle of the night.

Chelsea or should I say Alex still held the needle. The small dosage of brown liquid laughed in my face, teasing my veins and threatening my will to stand. The devil has not yet come close with the needle in her hand, but she made it noticeable.

Cleopatra emerald eyes became bright, a glow like two fireflies. Her gaze raked over me, relief coated her face as she saw no damage. How can one be so relaxed in this circumstance?  I was panicking from the inside out, freezing my ass off all while worrying about the most sweet and innocent woman I ever met.

"Alex?" Cleo said once again, inching closer to the devil. "You're here... you're actually here." She mumbled, her chest rose and fell hard as she took a deep breaths to calm her mind. I wasn't the only one who wish Chelsea were a figment of my imagination.

"Cleopatra, how lovely to see you in plain site." Alex spoke with a icy tone of a snake in the dark, it sent shivers up my spine. "Unfortunately you came at the wrong time. I wanted to speak to Emily, not you.. not yet at least."

Cleo furrowed her eyebrows, eyed the needle and then me. "No, no." She shook her head in disapproval. Taking a dangerous step forward, Cleopatra did a bold thing that anyone could do in this situation. She knocked the needle out of Alex hand and punched her in the face. Sure as hell did more than me, my feet were frozen into the ground from fear.

Although Cleo gave her best in the right hook, apparently psychopaths were immune to that type of violence. As if her face were rubber and bounced back with a harsh slap. It wasn't then until I came back to reality, I stepped away from the fridge while Alex was busy holding a small victory over Cleo's fall. I grabbed the nearest pan from the stove and gave a hard swing to the back of Alex head.

Her head kissed the floor, a groan escaped her mouth as her nails dug into the panel. "Son of a bitch." She said.

Cleopatra grabbed the pan from my hand quickly and hit her again, twice exactly. "Get the needle."

I walked around the table to find the deadly tool that made me want to throw up. Whatever was filled in the glass wasn't morphine nor sedative to knock me out. "What's in here?" 

"Heroine. She would of overdosed you, killed you and made it seem like a drug addiction."

"Fantastic." I said sarcastically while setting it down onto the table. "I'm going to call the cops," I notified before dashing out the kitchen before Alex wakes up. Only when I came back they were gone, no sign of a struggle nor any noise when I made the call. The only thing left was the heroine and the horrible night.

Josh looked at me as if I've grown two heads, the story was odd, unbelievable even; but it's what I saw, it's what I know. "They just left, like that. No sign of struggle? No noise at all? Just disappeared."

I nod my head yes, "I know is ridiculous, that I could of done something but I was scared." I fiddled with my fingers, my head hung low in shame and guilt.