❁. Prologue. {481}

Miranda never liked it to walk between the lines that someone else had drawn for her. It was her life, her decisions and no one could tell her different. It was no surprise that her parents were happy that she received her Hogwarts letter. Her parents knew the strict rules of the school and they hoped that Dumbledore could curb her a bit. Even though she's a handful, they we're scared to let her go. They weren't ready to lose another daughter.

First year was new for Miranda and she needed time to find her place in the group. There weren't a lot of people she got a connection with. She talked with everyone, but she hadn't found those persons with whom she liked to hang out with.

In second year she was also witnessed of the events that happened in the school. Some students got petrified and Miranda had decided to do something about it. Through her path to unmask the offender, she'd found her first friends: Harry, Ron and Hermione. She'd offered her classmates her help – because of personal reasons - to release Ginny Weasley and from that moment the four of them we're a team. They were delighted with the news of Miranda becoming friends with the children of their long-time friends James and Lily Potter and Arthur and Molly Weasley. Miranda also became a member of the D.A. And even became a part of the order, just like her parents had done so many years ago. Old friendships we're reunited again.

Just like Harry and Hermione, Miranda liked to spend her holidays with the Weasley family. The twins liked her presence very much because they had found another victim to prank, but not for long. Miranda was smart and knew how to prank them back. They were impressed with her skills and tried to convince her to become an alley. That was an offer she friendly rejected, she wasn't the kind of person that liked to make commitments. She's a free soul and found it hard to keep promises. Just like it was hard for her to love someone.

George and Miranda came closer and closer throughout the years,. There was a bond between them that was more than friendship, but less than love. It wasn't always easy for George to be friends with Miranda. She was a like a butterfly. A beautiful magical creature, but difficult to catch. She liked her freedom too much. There were moments where Miranda pushed him away. She hated it that she loved George so much. Because the more you love someone, the more it hurt when you lose them.

Miranda wasn't afraid of a lot things. She was a real daredevil. She enjoyed the feeling of the adrenaline through her body after she had done something bad. But even the most bravest people have something they fear. Even Miranda ...