❁. Goodbye. {405}

"So you're really leaving?" she asked George.

"Yes.. tomorrow" he said.

Miranda stared into the dark. If George would leave she'd be on her own again. Of course she had Ron, Harry and Hermione but that wasn't quite the same. No one in the whole world understood her the way George could. She knew he would leave, he had told his plans to her from the beginning. And she wasn't even mad at him for leaving her. She was used to it. People left her all the time, just like her sister had done. But still, it hurt.

Something in her head was growing. The idea of running away into the blue with George was too attractive to ignore. There was nothing here in Hogwarts for her. With Umbridge as headmaster things got worse for her. Miranda became more rebellion and she had had a lot of detentions.

"So you're leaving me?" she asked to him.

"I never want to leave you Miranda. I just want to leave all of this. Hogwarts isn't the place where I want to be. It's something you should understand.."

"I understand George, I do! And I knew that this day would come. Just a pity that you've never asked me to come with you.." she spoke silent.

"Miranda, it's for the better that you stay here. You're too smart for this, smarter than me, you can do a lot of things! Listen love: study, get your diploma and after graduation we'll see each other again!"

Miranda sighed. How could it be that George didn't understand her. Why didn't he supported her decision.

"I thought you knew me.." she said and stood up. "Look George. I'm not a bird. You can't lock me up in a cage if I don't want too. Sooner or later I'll leave. If I don't leave with you tomorrow than it will be another moment. Don't expect me to stay here!"

Miranda climbed of the rooftop and went back to her dorm.

George knew she's right. She wouldn't stay here. Miranda has been the first one to talk about leaving Hogwarts. She had told him about it at the end of her third year. The urge of being free was too big. Miranda couldn't stay long in the same place. According to her, it made life boring. People weren't made to stay in the same place forever. She was and would always stay a butterfly.