❁. Back At The Burrow. {344}

"Mad Eye is death", spoke Bill.

It went silent in the room.

"Where's Miranda?" asked Hermione with a shake in her voice.

Everyone looked at each other. "I didn't see her.." answered Bill.

* * *

Miranda woke up and had a pounding feeling in her head. She tried to sit up and touched her head. Her fingers were covered in blood. She started to breath heavily. Where were the others? Where was she? She looked around, the only thing she could see was long grass, and the dark sky. Miranda tried to stand up but felt a bit dizzy, so she decided to sit back again onto the ground. Her broom was in pieces and with the pieces she got, she tried to make a walking – stick in the hope it would give her some pillar. She tried to stand up again, she looked around and was very relieved to see the burrow in the distance. Carefully she walked to the Burrow.

* * *

"Any news of Miranda?" George asked to Fred.

"No.." Fred replied.

"You thinks she's dead isn't it?"

"I think nothing Georgie, I can't think straight anymore",

* * *

George closed his eyes and thought about Miranda. She had changed a lot since the last time she had seen her. She was a woman now. Her braid had grown longer and she had a few more earrings in her left ear. George regretted it that he didn't spoke to her. But he couldn't. He didn't dare to talk to her. It had been such a long time ago and he didn't dare to talk to the person that had been his best friend so many years ago. Afraid for how she would react, afraid to be rejected by the girl he had loved since the first moment she walked into his house. He regretted it that he didn't asked her right away that night on the rooftop to leave Hogwarts with him. And now he had lost her forever.

"Fred, George?!" Ginny stood in the door of twins their bedroom.

"What's wrong?" asked Fred.

"Miranda is here.."