Chapter 13

Shreeya's POV

How could he? He knows how Ken is always selfless and would not take him taking phone calls while his daughter starts her career at 11! And then that fight and how Ken just gave up on everything that they had. I hear a smash and realise that I threw my cup at the wall. I pick my plate and throw that next.

"What?" Harry runs in.

"Go away!" I yell.

"It's was Taylor."

"What?"

"Taylor Swift, she called me."

I lower my hand and I feel the crazed look in my eyes go away. "And you didn't tell me sooner."

"I'm sorry! Between you and Ken I didn't get a chance to tell you about i-"

"Yeah whatever! Can I call her?" I snatch his phone and somehow I manage to ring her.

"Yes?" She answers immediately.

"Oh my god!" I say. "OH MY GOD!!!" I scream.

"What?"

"Oh uh sorry. I'm uh... Zayn's sister and I uh... I am calling you on uh my adoption dads phone! But you're my idol!"

"Oh, another Swiftie! So what's your name?" She asks but I'm already singing to her.

"You make me crazier, crazier!"

"You're a really great singer!"

"Harry's trying to get me signed!"

"I think you should be signed! And some suggestions for starting your career; go to a cafe and sing there!"

"Yes!"

"So there's that question, what's your name?"

"Oh uh... Shreeya Malik but I'm not quite sure if I want to be famous or not so I'm gonna wear a wig and be called Lillian Waters!" I gasp.

"Lovely name Shreeya, want to come to the children's hospital with me and sing to them? We can help your career there! Maybe you'll become their idol someday!"

"Yes yes YES! PLEASE I WANT TO GO WITH YOU PLEASE!" I scream.

"Of course you can! How about we do it when the snows cleared!"

"Sounds great!"

"You are just so sweet!"

"Well you're the lucky one!"

"Thank you but I think you're referring to yourself! You'll be a singer songwriter before I was! I think we have the next Taylor Swift here!"

"What really?" I can barely breathe.

"Uh huh! I'll help you with fashion decisions! Swifties have been raving about my style, is it really that great?"

"DUH! Even better than they say it is!"

"Don't you ever grow up, you're amazing like this!"

"Oh darling dont you ever grow up, dont you ever grow up! You could stay this little! You were so cute when you were a kid!"

"Haha, send me a photo of you on messages."

"K, bye, Ill be there soon!" I exit out and find the messages app or whatever Ken, Harry and Louis were trying to tel me about. I find the camera next and take a bunch of photos.

'Here is me, plz send a selfie of you! It'll be a rare and I won't share it!'

'Gorgeous girl! Just stay this little'

'I want to, believe me'

'Here's me :)' A picture comes in of her being so cute. 'Wait brb, gonna share ur pic with Abigail, Selena etc. :)'

'Yes please yes yes yes!' How could my day get any better? Oh right, if mum came back. I miss her too much already! And what about the baby? I turn off Harrys iPhone and realise that he's not here anymore. Where is he then? I finally find him in his room on his computer.

"Harry?" I say. He looks up.

"Hey." He mutters.

"What's up?" I ask and sit next to him.

"I miss her." He closes his laptop and I hand him his phone.

"Who doesn't." I rest my against his shoulder.

"Taylor has ruined my relationship almost twice now!" Harry yells.

"You could've stopped it this time by ignoring the call or saying you couldn't talk right then! You can only blame yourself." I turn away from him.

"You're wrong. You don't know Taylor or myself like I do! There wasn't a way out."

"You are just like all those Taylor haters! You're there to make her want to kill herself." I can't believe he's being so shallow and horrible.

"No, we are here to make sure that she's not a perfect little diva! She's got the most imperfection out of all of us but everyone says she's perfect."

"The people with the biggest smile and hearts are the ones that have been bullied the most! At thirteen she lost all her friends! Now she's just lost you when you said you were her best friend."

"Stop making excuses for this fucking horrible girl!"

"I'm going back to the street. And you can keep your fancy electronics and guitars not to mention that deal about getting me signed! I don't want to become like you." I spit at him and leave the house with my previous possessions. I push through the snow path that Ken had already semi formed and when I make it to the driveway, I'm already shivering. Just stay strong Shree, you'll make it just like you did for so many years. I find a place in a tree somewhere along the street. I bite my lip to stop the trembling and accidentally draw blood. I desperately try to wipe away the blood but it keeps coming! What if it never stops? What if I bleed to death? That's not gonna happen! I curl up and hug my family photograph. Sleep is miles away but it'll come around sooner or later.

What feels like hours later, I finally fall asleep and then the crisp winter breeze blows in my face. The white day is glorious, one of the best days yet! I can't feel my hands though, or most of my body. I use my numb fingers to put on a winter coat that I found in the house. That's the only thing that I stole from them, the rest was already mine. I get down from the tree and look at the environment that I'm in. Snow coated houses, trees, paths, roads and cars. Everything is covered in the crisp white layer of snow. It's magical really. The silence makes it better too. Crack! The branch snaps and I tumble down into the snow. Why did I wear shorts? Ugh, why am I such an idiot? I'm hitting myself in the head when I see the three figures getting closer. Oh no!