Epilogue

2 months had gone and Taylor was freaking out. She couldn't sleep, couldn't eat, couldn't do anything. Kendall was dedicated to help her get better. She still cared about him, just not with the same intensity that used to crash down like a wave. Shreeya was nervous as well, her fingers ripping apart anything she could. The boys weren't coping very well either, they wouldn't play any concerts without Harry and they moped around most days. Zayn and Liam's girlfriends helped them and sympathised leaving Louis and Niall to sympathise with each other.

Taylor's POV

I sat at the dinner table not paying attention to anyone. Kendall was eating and laughing and was being the life of the whole house. She forced Shreeya to eat but she didn't have the same power over me. The boys would eat a few mouthfuls and answer Kendall's questions politely but would make no special effort to keep the conversation going. I wonder if Harry knew how much so many people relied on him. We were all broken without him, not functional and getting skinnier every day. I hadn't been outside in a couple weeks and my Swifties were so worried about my well being. They'd joined forces with Directioners and were praying for both of us to get better.

"Taylor," I distantly heard Kendall's voice. "You need to eat something!" I looked up to see Kendall had put a slice of cake on my plate. "I made it." She mentioned. "Harry always loved it, he said he had an ex who would too, who would be impressed with my baking skills and of course that was you. He'd want you to eat it." I looked down at the dark chocolatey brown and smelt it. I knew she was right. I'd eat it, for Harry.

I lowered my shaking hand and picked up the piece of cake. I nibbled at it a bit and it melted on my tongue, the way ice cream would melt on a hot day.

"More than that, you'll starve!" Kendall egged me on. I grinned, something that felt unnatural, something I hadn't done in forever, and took a huge bite out of the cake. I felt the icing and the crumbs stick to my face. "That's more like it," Kendall laughed slightly. I tried to stop myself from laughing before I spat cake everywhere. I looked at saw Shreeya crack a smile and the boys grinning. It felt good to be making them all smile after the endless days of dreariness.

"Now, be positive, eat, stay healthy, sleep, and have faith that our very best friend misses us enough to recover!" Kendall said, not just to me but to the whole table.

"I agree, I'll eat more of this cake!" I laugh and feel my face muscles tighten. It was hard smiling again because my face had become so stiff but I would get used to it.

"I said healthy," and she laughed again followed by the table cracking up alongside her.

The landline rang at that moment and Ken answered, I didn't know houses still had landlines so it came as a shock to me. We watched Kendall's face light up even more as the caller spoke to her and told her whatever they rang to tell.

"Thank you, yes this is amazing!" She grinned and hung up. Her arms hung loosely by her sides and she watched us with the faintest smile. We awaited the news anxiously but she kept us hanging. "HE'S AWAKE!" She jumped up in the air and we all leapt up too, cutlery falling to the ground. Tears fell for joy and we hugged and danced to the music of his breath we knew was there.