Chapter 6

Piper actually thought she would get bored at school.

However, her charge was an actually impressive mental adversary and, while she wasn't there to stand out, she couldn't help but to brag a little and have some intellectual debates with her. Annabeth seemed quite surprised and welcoming of the change, to the gratitude of the teachers. Apparently, she challenged them all the time and their replies were less than welcomed.

By the time lunch was around, Piper had engaged a long and heated conversation with Annabeth about how the Native Americans had been deprive from their lands by the Constitutional government while the Mount Rushmore had been created. Unfortunately for Annabeth, Piper had the upper hand and wasn't giving an inch of the fight. Annabeth never claimed defeat, but it was obvious she was withdrawing from the discussion until having better arguments.

"Not gonna attack me again, BeautyQueen?" Leo mocked Piper while carrying a tray with food. Piper rolled her eyes and let Leo sit with them, smiling "I know I shouldn't have done that, but I wanted to know if it was you..."

"Mission accomplished, Leo..." Piper congratulated him with a wink, making Leo chuckle. Annabeth's stares in them wasn't missed by Piper either "Percy should be here any minute..." Piper continued to talk to Leo, who simply jumped from his seat the minute the cafeteria's doors were opened. He tackled Percy, who grabbed him just in time, laughing hard.

"I've never seen Percy laughing before..." Annabeth pointed out, before blushing and looking away. Piper ignored the last for her sake, but she kept it stored in her mind for later.

"Leo and few others can make Percy lower his walls for real..." Piper explained, while she noticed that Jason was surprised by Leo's reaction. A girl with dark skin and frizzy curly brown hair was right behind them and looked a little scandalized by their actions "Which is why he's great for this job..."

"Isn't a lonely and boring job?" Annabeth tried. Piper eyed the girl, but only saw concern and curiosity in them.

"It would be if we were to do it alone, but Percy and I have been always together for missions... and every mission is different" Piper used her 'I'm not talking about it' tone and Annabeth understood. Smiling, Piper welcomed Percy and the rest "Surprise, bro!"

"The best surprise after Mom's home-made cookies arrive tomorrow!" Percy smiled, making Piper chuckle at him. Jason stared at the exchange with a wondering look "Leo's been a friend for years of Piper-" Jason's look turned a little icy and cold, which surprised Piper "-and my Mom was Leo's Mom's best friend, so I guess that make us family..." Percy finished without paying attention.

"Hey, Hazel!" Leo suddenly called a girl, the same girl that was staring before, who now was blushing and walking shyly "Percy, Piper, this is Hazel my best friend from this place... Hazel, these are Percy and Piper..."

"Leo talks about you two a lot..." she timidly said, before blushing. Jason wasn't paying much attention as his girlfriend had walked in and had sat in his lap and taking the oxygen from his mouth. Annabeth rolled her eyes and looked like wanted to throw up. Piper wasn't that far behind, but did as she didn't care.

"Well, I hope he didn't chew your ears off!" Piper joked, making Hazel giggle a little. She could see how Percy was looking at her, it was the same look he gave her when she was in troubles with a bully and he had saved her "We just arrived today, so I hope we can talk more later..." Hazel nodded with a smile, before having an idea for background check "Percy, we have to take pictures to send Mom!"

"I don't know, Pipes..." Percy understood immediately the game and kept on playing it "Your Mom has tons of those pictures, I'm surprise she still has wall space left!"

"Just a few, pwease...?" she faked a pout, making Percy agree with a laugh. She took a picture of Leo, Hazel and Percy, before making Percy take a picture of herself with Annabeth, though Annabeth was glaring at Jason "Jason! I need a picture of you with Percy for his Dad!" she demanded and forced Jason's lip vacuum to step away. Percy smirked while pulling Jason close "Say Superman!"

"Superman!" Percy said, smiling widely fake. Jason looked dazzled, not a good look. Leo was laughing out loud, repeating 'Superman', though he was saying 'Su-su-super-' before laughing. Hazel was giggling and Annabeth was smirking evilly. Drew frowned and glared, trying to interfere, but Piper was already onto her.

"Drew, hon! Can't send this without showing you in! After all, you're very important in my cousin Jason's life..." Piper sugarcoated her words, but there was a challenge behind them, one that only Drew could perceived. Or so she thought, cause everyone could hear those words. Drew faked a smile and sat between Jason and Percy, who wanted to vomit "Say Tartlet!"

"Tartlet!" Percy was the only one speaking, as Drew was focused on Percy and Jason was looking serious at Piper. Piper smiled and finished, sending the pictured directly to Frank for investigation. They had already changed the lock from the door and garage, so no one would be able to get out or in without their permission.

"So, what are you thinking of California so far?" Hazel timidly asked, earning a scoff from Drew. Percy was quickly yo save her.

"Well, Hazel, I was born and raised in New York, so for me it's a different place..." Percy admitted "Too much sun for me... I like snow from time to time..." Piper agreed with him.

"I was born and raised in California, but like Percy, I like the cold once in a while..."

"Bet you missed my hotness, BeautyQueen!" Leo teased her, earning chuckles from all the table, while Piper received a text.

Looks like they already had someone to look out for...

----

Hi, guys!

First of all, I want to apologize for not posting last weekend, but it was a very hectic weekend, as well as Carnaval and, unsurprisingly, the weather changes made my allergies come back again... Remember, when things get bad, they can get worse and worst!

Anyway, today is a multiple update. I won't only post last weekend's chapters, but also this weekend. Also, I will post my be-late Valentine's Day present to my lovable BF who means everything for me... (In advance, babe, I apologize if the story is crap...)

Anyway, here they are!

Rise of Ouranos (ReWrite) (former collab with LordNitro): 2 chapters!

Maidenhood (adopted from TheColorofBoom): 2 chapters!

Sis/Bro, Your Shadow is Hot!: 2 chapters!

Quest: Matchmade (former collab with Hugs6): 2 chapters!

Masked Hearts (former collab with Hugs6): 2 chapters!

You Call Him Devil, I Call Him Dad - Lucifer: Unique Chapter!

I'll see you next weekend, as I'm planning to have several chapters before I leave on vacations... I'll let you know details!

xoxo, SilverHuntresses