Chapter 23

Jason wasn't convinced.

He was still in denial about what Chris had said about Luke. He had troubles connecting the vindictive Chris was describing with the guy that taught him how to ride a bike when his mother was too busy doing her work. The guy who taught her how to understand girls when we had his first crush. Or to the guy that had confessed and broke down to him when claiming his sister was too good for him.

Yes, Jason was having troubles.

Piper had took him back to his room, before handing out Chris' report. That left Jason alone to think, though his thoughts were interrupted later when Annabeth came back, looking slightly pale. He immediately went to her and wrapped an arm around his sister.

"You alright? You're pale..." Jason explained to his instant hoovering and Annabeth shook her head. Jason didn't know if it was because she wasn't alright- dumb question that one if the person is pale -or because she didn't want help "Annabeth..."

"I- I just had to tell the therapist what had happened to me..." she explained, whispering. Jason didn't like that. His sister, his fearless and very intimidating sister was shaking like a leaf and almost afraid of her own shadow. Jason silently cursed Kronos and whoever aided him because of the state of his sister.

"I'm sorry, sis..." he apologized, taking her to the couch. Annabeth sat there, silent and Jason decided to be honest "You can always come to me, if talking to a stranger is too much..." he offered. Annabeth glanced at him and sniffled in his shoulder, while Jason wrapped his arms around her, rubbing her back "Shh... We're safe, you'll be fine..."

"It'll never be over, Jason..." Jason knew that much, but wanted to be optimistic for her "The way Luke-" she cut herself, wiping her eyes. That made Jason curious.

"What? Tell me, Annabeth..." Jason pleaded her gently. Annabeth seemed to think about it before relenting.

"The way he acted, Jason... As if I was worth nothing..." Tears started to come down again from her cheeks and he wiped them off "I couldn't recognize him, Jason! He stood there, outside my cell and looked at me as if he didn't know me!" Well, it looks like I'm not alone in that... "And then, when he talked... I've never heard so much anger out of him..."

"I know, sis..." Jason surprised her, earning a curiosity look "When you were in your session, I asked Piper to take me to Chris, his bodyguard... He said- well, I don't believe what he said... I'm having troubles associating the facts..."

"Jason, what did that Chris say about Luke?" Annabeth was desperate, Jason could feel it, but breaking that last sanity thread his sister was hanging on made him feel like crap.

"Apparently, Kronos started to brainwash both Chris and Luke, though they fought back..." he saw the hopeful expression that he didn't want to wipe out "But then, Kronos informed Luke about his father's real work and, well... Chris claims that he didn't need coercion from then on-"

"No" Annabeth interrupted him. Jason noticed the signs for an erupting tantrum and decided to put out the fire before it started, grabbing his sister by her shoulders.

"Annabeth, I didn't- I don't want to believe it, but you coming to me and saying those things makes me believe Chris was right" he finally admitted to himself, mirroring his sister's state. Both refused to believe that the guy who was more than family than their parents could turn this cruel and mean "Chris said that Luke may be slipping from Kronos' control... Did you notice anything...?"

"N- no... I didn't see any slip from him..." Annabeth stammered, emotional drained for the day. She wanted to ask something, Jason knew it, but a knock on the door interrupted her. He allowed his sister some time to compose herself before opening the door. Percy was there, wearing crutches "Percy..." Annabeth greeted him, trying to be strong, Jason knew it.

"Sorry to interrupt you, but Chiron and Lupa called for a meeting in an hour or so and they both want you there" Percy announced, sounding apologetic. Jason nodded, before glancing at Annabeth, who nodded.

"Please, lead the way..." Jason indicated with his hand. Percy nodded and the three of them walked side by side, in silence. It was so uncomfortable, as if someone had died, that Jason started to make questions. Or asked for permission to ask questions "Percy, is anything you can tell us about our parents?" Annabeth raised her head in surprise from Jason's left, that was Percy's right.

"I can only tell you what I know..." Percy agreed, thoughtful "I haven't met them personally, so I could not say how exactly are they..."

"I imagine you have the same problem with your father..." Percy shrugged at Jason's statement.

"There are two major rules in the agency, or at least for the senior members. That you cannot fail in a mission and that, regarding your kids, you make your own rules..." Percy said "My Dad tries to spend time with me and my Mom whenever he can... Piper's Mom is the same... There are no children of Zeus around, so I wouldn't know about him, but Athena comes once a month to, uh... inspect her children's progress..."

"Sounds like she's a robot..." Annabeth scolwed, before Jason wrapped an arm around her. Percy shrugged again.

"Well, if you compare it with Clarisse's father, who makes them having fights until one of the kids pass out, your mother is great..." Percy compared, gently "She also hates my guts, but that has to do with my Dad. I'm an innocent bystander..." he finished, opening a room from a conference room, letting them in "Besides, Zeus is the head agent and the rumor is that he's sliced Kronos to pieces... Considering how alive he looked last time, I will trust him as far as I can throw him. Which is not much"

One thing was clear for Jason. He was going to be better than his father.

That, was a promise.

----

Hello, guys!

First of all, I want to get this out the way: the poll. I want to thank everyone who voted (I'm not gonna reveal how many votes I received, however) in both my polls in the Google link and in my FanFiction profile.

So! The winner is! *drumroll* FIRST TIMES! The Solangelo fanfic wins by a HUGE margin in votes! The second place wasn't even close! Which means that, from next Sunday on, I will be posting First Times, both in Wattpad and FanFiction. Stay tune!

But, allow me to present you with the updates of the week!

Sis/Bro! Your Shadow is Hot!: 1 chapter!

AND! If you follow Wattpad...

Quest: Matchmade (former collab with ReeReeWithAngst): 1 chapter!

Also! I want to remind you that I'm doing a collab with FanFiction user McCanner called DRS: Demigod Rescuing Squad! First chapter is already up!

I wish you a great weekend (if you haven't finished school or you're working already) or a great beginning of summer (if have finished school or you're taking holidays)

xoxo, SilverHuntresses