Chapter Twelve. Home Sweet Home

AMBER'S POV

I had been home for three days since I was rushed to the hospital with a bursting appendix. I can tell you one thing. If you haven't ever had your appendix out then you have no idea of the amount of pain that I was in. 

I barely remember the ambulance ride to the hospital. I remember looking into the worried faces of Harry and Alex right before I was taken into surgery. 

I had been sure to keep my diary since all of this had started that Wednesday in April, but I had been so busy with almost dying and all that I had become behind. 

I was interrupted by a soft knock at my door. 

"Come in."

I saw Zayn poke his head around the corner of the door. 

"I brought you some lunch."

I tried to sit up and still couldn't bring myself to do it and eventually laid back down. Zayn placed a tray  of Caesar salad and Orange juice on the bedside table. He held my hand as I slowly propped myself up and after stealing some croutons quickly ran out of the room. 

I was halfway through enjoying my salad when Harry stuck his curly hair around the corner. I moved over on the bed to create room for him and he laid down next to me. 

"I brought some movies to watch."

"Awesome, which ones?"

"Well Leap Year and Love Actually."

"Ahhh, Leap Year is so cute!"

He chuckled getting up to put the dvd on, "So I'm guessing Leap Year?"

I nodded vigrouosly and finished up on my salad. I placed the tray on the bedside table and moved to rest my head on Harry's chest. I was distracted by Harry playing with my hair the whole movie and eventually I gave in letting him kiss me deeply.

He moved me so that I was completely surrounded by his arms.

I winced at the slight pain.

"Amber, are you ok?"

I nodded my head but he re-settled himself so that I was comfortable. I fell asleep by the time the movie had finished and I was the most comfortable I had been since having my appendix removed.

ALEX'S POV

Zayn took up the Caesar salad to Amber while the rest of us sat in the kitchen. 

"Hey Alex could you come in here please?"

I followed the sound of Harry's voice into the living room. 

"Which is a good movie to watch?"

I grinned cheekily. "Love actually, or maybe Leap Year."

He grabbed the two that I had said and walked towards the stairs. 

"Both of those will get you in her pants"

I winked as Harry shook his head and continued up the stairs. Niall walked around the corner and pulled me up from the floor and gave me the biggest hug. 

"What was that for?"

He shrugged and turned on the radio. 

"Oh I love this song"

Come on skinny love just last the year. Pour a little salt we were never here.

Niall began singing along and grabbed me by the waist. We swayed back and forth.

"What's all this?"

"A preview of tonight." He replied simply.

I was still a little confused. He flashed me a brilliant smile, "The lads and I think we should show you girls the town."

"Be ready at 6!" Louis shouted from the kitchen. 

"Better go shopping then." I leaned up to kiss him and quickly ran off to retrieve Amber from Harry.