Chapter One - My Face and the Ground Make Friends

My Face and the Ground Make Friends

You know being lonely isn't in fact all that bad, I think as I lay here in my bed. To be completely honest lonely is the only thing I know. I'm an only child (two letters away from lonely child) and I was raised by a single mother. Then when I was 13 my world was ripped apart, mom had passed away, that is when I truly learned how lonely I could get.

But this isn't a story of how I'm depressed and how I have no friends. I am a relatively happy person with a handful of best friends. Then again I know that the biggest crowds can be the loneliest places, but I really don't mind the loneliness.

Pondering what my life is I roll over, and check the time on my phone. 10:45 am it reads. I grunt; I roll back over to continue sleeping.

When all of a sudden my Gran burst my door open and says, "Aeliana Leigh get up." (ay-lee-AH-NA)

I let out an exasperated moan, "Urrrg. Do I have to?"

"Yes. You've done nothing at all this week, but lay in bed. You need to get up and do something, or you'll get bed sores." She states.

Seeing as there is no room for argument I mutter a "yes ma'am" and roll out of bed. I slowly make my way to the shower.

"Aeli?" My Gran shouts. (Ay-lee)

"Ma'am?" I answer.

"After you get out of the shower, can you go to store and pick up some stuff for me?"

"Yes ma'am, I can." I reply as I turn I the water. I jump in the shower and quickly wash everything that needs washing. Once I'm done I towel off, and go in search of something to wear. With the summer just starting and here in Alabama it's already like 100 degrees. I settle on a navy chiffon spaghetti strap tank top with flowers on it, high wasted blue jean shorts, and my navy Ked's. I grab the list of groceries, kiss Gran on the cheek, and I'm out the door.

As I'm walking to my car I notice that here happens to be a moving van in the house across the street. Hmmm? New neighbors this should be interesting. I hop my car and back out of the driveway and make my way to store. Thirty minutes later and $100 poorer I make my way back my car.

Once I arrive home I lug all the groceries out, and put them away in the house. I walk outside to put my car back where it belongs.

BOOM!! As I am making my way back into the house, I am hit by a boy whom full on runs and tackles me trying to catch a football. One minute I'm walking and the next my face meets the ground in a "Hi! How ya been?" kind of way.

"Ow. You know you really need to watch where you're going. I could have had brain damage from how hard I hit the ground." I say as I look up and see this boy towering over me. I'm awestruck at how beautiful he is, he has dark brown -almost black- hair, expressive emerald green eyes, and a million dollar watt smile. He was wearing a surfer tank and shorts. Total hunk, and I know that sounds so cliché, but Good Lord he was.

"I'm sorry about that. Here let me help you up?" He asks, offering a hand.

"Thanks," I say taking his hand and letting him pull me up.

"Liam Anderson. I'm you new neighbor."

"Aeliana Rivers, and that would make sense. Seeing as how you completely bowled me over." I say feistily.

He smirks at me. "That's a very unique name. Is your face okay? Do you have any brain damage?" He asks referring to my previous statement.

"Thank you, it's Latin. Yeah, I think I'm okay." I say smiling. At this point I realize that Liam is still holding my hand, and I blush a smidgen.

"You know, this has been fun and all, but I need my hand back." I state bluntly.

He just chuckles and smiles at me, "Nah. I think I'll keep it."

"As lovely as that sounds, I seriously need it back. I have stuff to do." I say prying my hand away and rolling my eyes.

"Oh? Really?" He questions, smirking.

"Yes. Really." I answer, "Anyway it was fun meeting you, but I have to go. I'll see you later Liam."

"Bye Aeliana." He says waving.

As he's walking away I could decide if I liked him or not. He, of course, was gorgeous but looks are not everything. I could, however, tell that wasn't going to be my only encounter with Liam.

----------------------------------------------

A/N

So this is my first story! Please no hate, but if you find something that needs fixing please let me know! Umm, I hope you like it and sorry the chapter is short. As I get more into the flow of writing they will get longer. Please give me feed back! If you read this you are awesome. And yeah, so peace out. ✌️

-Mags