Chapter Four

Sitting outside with mum and looking down on the city of London is seriously relaxing. I swear we just sit there in silence for like half an hour.

I snap out of my daydream when mum asks “So, what did you want to talk about Roo?”

“Well I know that you have only just reappeared into my life but it has been really hard without you. I couldn’t talk to Kylie because we didn’t have the same connection as you and I do and I just didn’t really feel comfortable asking her about boys.” I say looking at the ground. Mum lifts my chin up with her delicate hand and asks “This is about the boy inside isn’t it?”

“Maybe.” I reply with a sheepish grin.

“I knew it, I just knew that was the first thing you would ask me!” says mum with a grin on her face.

I shake my head and say, “Well anyway, his name is Seth and I think he likes me but I can’t tell. What does it mean when a guy leaves his own party to see if you are ok then follows you all the way to London?”

“I’d say he’s pretty into you and by the looks of it you feel pretty for him,” says mum while wiggling her eyebrows at me.

Just as mum finishes talking, Seth walks in and says “Um, Samantha your dad wants to show you your room and have a talk with you.”

I turn my head straight towards the ground so Seth doesn’t notice me blushing, then reply, “Okay thanks Seth, tell him I will be there in a minute.”

“Will do,” he says while walking back inside.

Once Seth is inside my mum says “Awww, my little baby is all grown up!”

“Shut up mum,” I say angrily shooting her a cold look before walking inside.

“Well you are! Remember I haven’t seen you since you were five,” yells mum as I storm inside.

When I walk back inside I am greeted by a man in a suit. “Who are you?” I ask.

“I am your butler, Steve. Nice to finally meet you Samantha,” says the man in a deep voice.

‘Wow we have a butler’, I think to myself. “Well Steve, it’s nice to meet you too.” I say to him and he laughs.

“Have you seen my father, Steve?” I ask.

“Yes dear, he is upstairs waiting for you,” replies Steve.

“Ok thanks,” I say and walk off towards the beautiful staircase.

At the top of the stairs I see Seth sitting on the window seat in his room looking down on the city. Then I hear dad’s voice calling me from the other direction. I walk towards his voice and find him in a room three doors down sitting on the bed.

“Oh there you are Roo,” says dad. “This is your room. I unpacked all you stuff for you and I’ve got some money for you and Seth to go and buy some clothes in the city square.”

“Thanks dad,” I say gratefully taking the money and walking off to tell Seth.

“Wait Roo, I want to talk to you,” says dad in a serious voice.

“What do you want to talk about dad?” I ask suspiciously.

“I just wanted you to know that I am sorry for abandoning you when you were little but it was the only way to keep us all safe,” he replies giving me a guilty look.

“Dad, really, it’s fine. I understand. I would have done the same thing,” I say hoping that he will believe me.

“Thanks Roo that means a lot. Oh, and be careful when you go down to the city square. Just make sure you stay with Seth the whole time, ok?” says dad, worry clear in his voice.

“Sure thing dad,” I reply.

I walk out of the room, down the hall and into Seth’s room. I didn’t really take much notice of my room but I have a feeling that mine is better.

“Hey, nice room,” I say to Seth and he jumps at the sound of my voice.

“Hey,” he replies.

“Want to come down to the city square with me and pick out some clothes?” I ask.

“Definitely. I can’t resist that offer because I only have one pair of the clothes at the moment,” says Seth excitedly.

I smile at Seth as he grabs my hand and we walk out of the giant palace doors towards the massive iron gate at the entrance of the driveway.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry, I know it's short and not very interesting but it is all just a lead up to the next very exciting chapter!!!

(suspenseful music) Buh Buh Buh!!!!

Remember to fan and Vote!!

<3 Maddy:)