Chapter Two

Never attempt to walk eighteen blocks in stilettos. I honestly don’t know why I didn’t take them off and walk bare foot. I get to the little corner shop at the end of my street and sit down on the bench out the front. I have never noticed how nice the street looks at night. I live in one of the richest streets in the city and I have never taken the time to sit down and look at it.

I wonder if Dad and Kylie will be still up watching some stupid show on SBS. Well, I guess I will find out if I can make it the rest of the block without dying of exhaustion or having my feet drop off. I decide to ring dad just in case he thinks I am a burglar. I told him that Tess would drop me home so he will be listening for her car. I ring and a man who I don’t know answers. Dad is probably having one of his stupid guy’s nights. “Samantha, Samantha Bishop. Is that you?” Says the man on the phone.“Yes, who is this?” I ask with a tremor in my voice. “I am Phillip Trump. I am from the guardian program. Your father and his partner have gone missing and the people responsible will be looking for you!” “I beg your pardon! My father is missing?” I ask, beginning to get worried. “Yes and you are in grave danger. The men keep your father and hunt you down until find what they are looking for.” He replies in a stern voice. “You need to get out of town. There is a car waiting for you outside your house. A man called Ted is waiting for you. He will escort you inside and wait for you to pack a bag. Now hurry, we don’t have much time.” I wait for more information but before I know he has hung up. Following instructions I make my way to the car but there are two and I recognize one of them from school. It’s Seth, he must have seen the argument I had with Tess and came to check up on me. By the time I get to the house I am a mess. My mascara is running down my face and my feet are covered in blisters. And to think, my crush is going to see me like this. Seth spots me and comes running but gets stopped by a man in a suit. I gasp thinking that it is one of the men who kidnapped dad. Then I realize that it must be Ted. “Stop! Let him through.”I shout. The man in the suit lets Seth through and he bolts up to me, and asks“Sam, What is going on? I saw you have that fight with Tess and then you were gone. I tried to give you a lift home but it was too dark and I couldn’t see you in your black dress. I have been waiting here for like an hour for you to get home.” My ears prick up when I hear ‘I have been waiting for an hour’ Maybe Seth saw them take my dad. “Seth, I need you to be dead serious here. Did you see anything suspicious like someone being kidnapped here in the last hour?” I ask, perhaps being a little too hopeful. “No. Why? Sam, what is going on?” He replies sounding extremely worried. “Apparently my dad was just kidnapped and that man that tried to stop you is from the guardian program and…..” I stop talking mid-sentence and fall into Seth’s arms crying and gasping for air. I know that I usually hate my dad because he is so up himself and never does anything for me or himself, but he is still my dad and that counts toward something. Seth walks me over to the guardian guy and they talk briefly. Ted allows him to take me upstairs and pack a bag.

The room is silent, except for my occasional sobs. Seth is sitting next to me holding my hand in his and stroking my hair. I finish packing and zip up the suitcase. Ted is waiting outside my bedroom door and takes the bag off Seth. We walk down the stairs and I get into Ted’s car. Seth is about to step in too when Ted’s voice booms from the front seat. “Whoa, whoa, whoa. Where do you think you’re going mate?” “I am not leaving Sam in a car with a complete stranger. For all we know you could be the kidnapper and this could all be part of your plan.” Exclaims Seth, still worried. “Fine but make it quick.” Ted mumbles. Seth bolts to his car and grabs his phone and keys.

Seeing as we have no idea where we are being taken, the car ride is uneventful except for the dirty looks Seth keeps giving Ted. I laugh on the inside so they don’t think I am laughing about the kidnapping. Shortly after we arrive at the meeting place, I get taken to a helicopter which I board and wait for Ted to tell his boss why Seth is with us.“Excuse me. Do you happen to know where I am being taken?” I ask the pilot.“Can’t say sorry, love.” He replies quickly. Before I know it Seth, Ted and the other man are on board to and we are taking flight. The unknown man reaches out his hand for me to shake and introduces himself. “Hi. Phillip Trump’s the name, guarding legacies is the game. We spoke on the phone. Sorry to alarm you but you were in real danger and it’s my job to save you before things get out of hand. ” I nod my head in approval. “When you say legacy, you mean what exactly?” I ask. “Well, the man that you are living with is not your real father…Your biological father is a descendant of the royal family and some very important treasures have been passed down to him. The kidnappers, who are trying to steal the treasures, thought that Charlie was your real father and if they had him they had the treasures!” Explains Phillip. “That explains why we don’t get along. I am curious, are my mother and father still together?” I ask.“Yes, they are, but we had to make it look like they split up when you were born so we could place Charlie without you knowing.” He answers this quite honestly as I thought he would try to avoid answering questions about my father in front of Seth who is quite intrigued by the whole concept. “But you look so much like your dad. Well, Charlie!” exclaims Seth. “I think that was the whole idea buddy.” says Phillip, unimpressed. “So will I ever get to meet my real father?” I ask suspiciously. “Well that all depends on whether you are planning on staying with him or going back to live on the Gold Coast." I glance over to Seth and he shrugs his shoulders. “What do you mean?” I ask Phillip. “Well now that you know about your father and you understand the whole concept, you have the choice to stay on the Gold Coast where you were with your friends or live with your father in the palace.” He explains. “What’s the catch? There’s always a catch!” says Seth in an over protective voice. “The only bad thing about staying where you were is that you will have to stay undercover and probably change your name. But there is no guarantee that they won’t find you even if you do change your identity.” explains Phillip. “So the safer option is to live with my father who I don’t know a thing about?” I ask. “Yes, but although your father is the safest option, there is still no guarantee that they won’t find you. The whole time you are with your father the treasure hunters will be trying to find out more about you!" says Phillip. It is after these words that I think why me? Why does everything have to come down to me?

 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys! Sorry about the paragraphs again!!

What will Samantha decide to do! Message me with your answer!

Remember to fan and vote!

<3 Maddy:)