14

"Ahhh, not there, not there!"

"So where else?!"

"Put it in this hole."

"But that's the hole I placed it in, moron!"

"Ahh! Shit, you tore it up..." I mumbled as I stared at the torn paper in front of us.

"That's what you get for doing this with me." He replied and shrugged as though it was nothing. I rolled my eyes before throwing away the piece of paper. I walked back over to him and sat down on the bench next to us. I sighed and pinched the bridge of my nose remembering what Kayden told me in the nursing room.

"What's up?" Alex asked. I shook my head and looked at him.

"It's nothing." I replied.

"It doesn't look like nothing." He uttered. I thought for a while before telling him.

"Kayden gets bullied at school. I wanted to tell Patty but knowing her she'd go over to the school no matter what time of day it is." I said. He froze before looking at me with a frown.

"What grade is he in?" He asked.

"Kindergarten." I mumbled.

"And he's already getting bullied?!" He exclaimed loudly. I looked at him confused.

"Bullying can start at any age, Alex." I replied.

"I know, but someone should do something about it!" He yelled. He then blinked as he realized that he was shouting.

"Sorry for shouting."

I stayed quiet for a minute before replying.

"I promised him that I wouldn't tell his mom but if it happened again that he should tell me."

"Why not his mom? Even if she goes to the school, it's gonna stop the bullying." He said.

"Alex, no kid wants to tell their mom or dad that they're getting bullied especially if they know what their parents are capable of doing." I retorted and imagined Patty burning down the school in anger. Damn...

"So what?!" He yelled again and looked at me with a glare.

He doesn't like bullying. Remember his reaction to Evan bullying you...

Oh shit, I forgot...

"Look, forget I ever said that, ok? I know you don't like any kind of bullying but this one has nothing to do with you or me. So please, just calm down." I stated and grabbed his hand. His face soften then he sighed. I gave him a small smile trying to change the mood. He chuckled before pecking me on my lips causing a small blush to appear on my face.

"When's the bell gonna ring?!" I groaned and frowned. Just then the bell rang giving off that school was dismissed.

"Yay!" I cheered and stood up before taking my bag. We spent the whole day in the nurses' office until we got bored before we went into an empty classroom. I'm definitely tired after doing nothing all day!

"Let's get going. Wanna come over to my house? My dad and stepmom aren't home until next Friday." Alex suggested. I nodded and smiled before walking out the door with him following behind me. Minutes later we were out of the school and then began walking down the street towards Alex's house.

"You think Evan's gonna leave you alone if I beat him up?" Alex asked. I gaped at him before rolling my eyes.

"Leave him alone, Alex. I'll just try avoiding him." I said and frowned knowing that avoiding him will be a really hard task.

"No! I can't just let him go like that! Dammit, Keith! You don't understand what those things can do to a human being!" He yelled and stopped walking causing me to freeze wide eyes.

What those things can do to a human being?

"What do you mean by that?" I mumbled and he just sighed.

"Forget it. Let's just keep walking." He replied and started walking ahead of me leaving me confused, sad and determine.

~~

When we arrived at his house, he unlocked the door before going in. I went in behind him and removed my shoes before following him up the stairs and into his room. I was quiet throughout the entire walk. I was scared that if I said anything he would snap at me again.

Suddenly, I was slammed against the wall as a pair of lips harshly captured mine. My eyes widen and my breath hitched as I realized what was happening. 

"I'm sorry I yelled at you before. I just...I can't handle seeing other people in those kinds of situations, especially for you." Alex mumbled as he pulled away from the kiss and lay his forehead on mine before closing his eyes. I frowned before cupping his cheek.

"I get it, love." I replied.

"You really wanna know?" He asked as he looked at me. I looked at him confused.

"Know what?" I asked.

"Why I hate bullying." He replied.

"Y-you don't have to tell me, Alex. It's really none of my business." I exclaimed.

"No, you should know." He said as he pulled me over to the bed.

"I was bullied ever since I was 9 and my so called friends knew about it but never helped me. Sometimes they'd laugh at the jokes that were being said and a few would even join in. When I turned 12 it got worse. Some girl spread around that I had sex with her 16 year old sister and that I gave her an STD. It's funny how kids at that age could spread such harsh rumors. When I thought things would get better, it actually got worse. At the age of 14 a group of boys began pushing me around and two of them were my best friends." He explained. His eyes were fixed on the carpet but I could see the tears that were trying to escape from his eyes and roll down his cheek.

"A year later my dad found out and he transferred me to another school, which is the school I'm in right now. My mom never found out because she passed away before I had a chance to tell her." He said. Just then, a tear slipped from his eye and rolled down his cheek as his fist clenched. I frowned and pulled him in for a hug.

"I'm so sorry that happened to you." I said and rest my head against his shoulder. He slowly wrapped his arms around me before pulled me down against the bed.

"I'm so happy I met you. You have no idea how you make me feel." He mumbled and sniffed causing me to look at him and smiled.

"You don't know how long I've been waiting for this, Alex. So I definitely know how you feel." I said and he chuckled and pecked my lips.

"Can I stay over for the rest of this week?" I asked and pouted at him. He sighed before nodding.

"As long as your mom agrees then I'm fine with it." He replied.

"Yay! I'll call her later. Right now, you and I need a little alone time." I said and giggled before pressing my lips against his. He smiled and wrapped his arms around my waist.