Chapter 2

Y/n's POV

"Uhh... that depends. Who are you?"

"I'm Jungkook, Jeon Jungkook."

I try to think. Where have I heard that name before?

"From grade 5?" He interrupted your thoughts.

"Ahh... I remember you, your mom was the teacher, right?"

"Hehe, yeah..."

"Yeah, wow, you look different, really... different."

I don't want to get caught staring, but he has a mole right under his pink, plump, bottom lip, the top one a bit thinner. He has smooth, clear skin, a single scar on his left cheek. And his eyes... they're deeper than the ocean. I'm a little afraid I'll fall in. And dark. I feel like I'm lost in an underwater cave. And these deep eyes are observing me, rolling up my body and pausing at my lips as his tongue flicked out of his mouth, and his eyes start roaming again before exploring the forest in my eyes.

"You're sad," he states.

"What?"

"You're sad, I can see it."

"No I'm not."

"Yes you are."

"No I'm not."

"You sure?"

"Yes."

"No you're not."

"Huh?"

"You're lying."

"No."

"Mhm... sure."

"You don't know me."

"But your eyes tell a story, what's wrong?"

"I just met you."

"No you didn't."

"Okay but it's been what? Four years? And we weren't close then anyway."

"True, okay then, hold it all in."

He made me feel bad. And empty. Am I sad? I'm just neutral. Am I always sad, then? Here this kid pops up out of nowhere after four years and might know me better than I know myself.

He takes a quick look to his wrist before he grabs his stuff and starts to walk out.

I look at the time. Three o'clock, finally, time to get out of here.

I stuff my sketchbook and art supplies back into my school bag, take out my phone, sling my backpack over my shoulder, and walk out of the classroom.

                                ~~~

"Stop following me!" a voice yells back at me.

I look up from my phone. Jungkook is about five meters ahead of me

"This is my way home!" I yell back at him.

He turns around swiftly and starts walking towards me. I keep walking, acting like his action doesn't surprise me. He turns back around when he reaches me and starts walking next to me.

"Why?" I ask.

"Might as well walk together if we're going the same way."

"Hmm, not really. I'm just gonna be messaging my friends-"

He grabs my phone and holds it up high.