Chapter 5

Y/n's POV

We got to school six minutes before the bell was supposed to ring. People who were hanging around in the hallways saw us come in and I could see their jaws drop a little. They tapped their friends and motion in our direction.

Is there something I don't know?

Hmm... Maybe it's just because Jungkook is hot. Yeah.

Their eyes moved from Jungkook, to me, to Jungkook, to me. I couldn't read the expression on their faces.

Throughout the day people kept asking me if we were dating. Multiple times today I had to answer that same exact question, always using the same exact words. Even people that were in a different class. People who would've never talked to me before. One time I almost yelled,"Can't boys and girls just be friends?!" Well now I know why I have no friends.

"Glad to hear that," Jimin said, turning around to face me.

"Hear what?"

"That you're still available."

"Quit your act and do your work."

"I need help," he said with pleading eyes. "I've been working on this problem for the last ten minutes." He put his worksheet on my desk.

"Ask your desk partner," I sigh out, looking down.

"But he's asleep, and you're already done so can you help me please?"

Instead of responding, I just give him my paper to copy and pull my sketchbook out to start drawing. But when I looked up I saw the teacher looking down at me, disappointed that I just gave another student my work to copy.

Now I have detention. And that red-haired devil didn't because apparently all he did was ask for help, and I was the one who actually gave him my paper to copy.

Well today was... eventful. And now I have detention.

I shut my locker after stuffing all of my school supplies in there. Leaving just my art supplies, phone, and book in my backpack. Jungkook stands behind where the door to my locker was with a huge bunny smile plastered on his face.

"Why are you so happy?"

"Heard you got detention."

I give him a confused look.

"So we can spend more time together and I'm not alone!" he said, realizing he might've just insulted me.

I chuckle at his cute response.

"Dude, don't sound so guilty."

"Hehe... Hey when we get there can I borrow a piece of drawing paper?"

"Of course," I say and smile.

"Thank you."

"Whatever, you say Bunny."

"Bunny?"

"Yes, Bunny."

"Why?"

"Because you're a bunny," I say walking into the detention room.

I sit down the same place I sat the day before, but Jungkook sits at the desk next to mine.

I pull out my sketchbook and tear out a piece of paper to give to him.

"Thank you~"

"You're welcome, one hour to go."

~~

Throughout the time, I can feel his eyes directed at me for brief moments.

After about 30 minutes...

"Y/n... I'm borrred," Jungkook calls for me.

I look in his direction and see him putting a piece of paper in his backpack. I get a quick glance at the drawing on the front. It's a very detailed drawing of a girl. I can't help but think it's a drawing of me.

How did he manage to draw that in 30 minutes?

"So find something to do." His eyes flicker with an emotion I can't describe.

"But I don't have anything to do."

"Not my problem," I say, going back to my book.

"But you're my friend~" It sounded like he was struggling saying 'friend'

Does he- nah.

"Not your entertainer."

"Please Y/n..."

I look back up to his innocent eyes.

Don't fall in, Y/n, don't fall in.

"Y/n you're staring."

"Huh? Oh, sorry."

"It's okay," he says, giving me his bunny smile.

Darn your bunny smile.

"Do you have anything to talk about?"

"Hmm..." he pulls a paper out of his backpack and reads off of it,"If you could invite anyone to dinner, dead or alive, who would you invite?"

"Hmm... you." He looked shocked. His face was blank.

"Me? Why?"

"Well... you can find anything about any celebrity online, I haven't lost anyone in my life that I would like to see again, but you, Jeon Jungkook, you're so mysterious."

"Oh."

"Mhm."

"So..."

"What about you? You didn't answer the question."

"I'd have dinner with Justin Bieber. I'm a big fan."

"Yeah?"

"Yeah! Look at this!" He said grabbing for his phone.

"Jungkook, we can't have our phones out."

"Who cares, no one is here, I won't get caught."

I sigh.

He's really relaxed, isn't he.

He pulled up a song I could see was titled 'Nothing Like Us'. Not long into the song, I could tell he was restraining himself from singing along.

"If you want to sing along, you can go ahead."

"No, it's fine, I'm not good."

"Aww, I wanna hear you sing."

"Do you?"

"Yeah!"

He blushed a little and looked back down to his phone, humming again.

Not long later, he opens his mouth to sing.

Woww, how can this boy say he's not good? He's freaking amazing. Fvck. He could be an idol.

He looks at me and grabs my hand to get me to stand up. He rests his hand on my hip, and I put my hand on his shoulder, catching on.

I never thought of this song as a waltz.

"You know how to waltz?"

"Yeah, I had to take dancing when I was young."

Just who are you Jeon Jungkook?