Chapter 16

Jungkook's POV

I do my best to prevent my body from shaking, and I try so hard to hold back any pink tinge on my cheeks. I can't tell if it's working, but I know my question successfully turns Y/n shy for a second.

Wow she's so cute. I'm nervous. This girl in front of me has made me nervous, even though I know I have no reason to be.

The very girl that was clouding my mind interrupts these thoughts.

"Jungkook..."

"Yes?" I say, doing my best not to stutter.

"Did you think I was going to say no?"

She never ceases to amaze me. She was shy just seconds ago, and now she's winning my heart all over again saying something so boldly.

She renders me speechless. I don't know how to respond to such a sentence.

"I-i"

"Do you not know how to respond?"

I nod profusely and she giggles.

"You're so cute, Bunny."

"I am not!" I am in high school, I shouldn't be seen as 'cute' anymore. Hmpf.

"Yes you are, you know I'm right."

As much as I hate to admit it, I do know that I'm cute. I just don't want Y/n to see me as a little kid. But even so, I still act like one. Mature people shouldn't lie like me.

All I do is pout and continue to eat my ice cream. I don't even remember what flavor I got, but it's colorful.

Is this even considered ice cream? I don't know what the flavor is but it's good. It doesn't taste fruity. It doesn't taste chocolatey, which would be concerning if it did. It kind of tastes like something from back home, but what?

I look back up towards the counter and see Taetae and Hobi talking, before Hobi turns his head slightly and sees me. He quickly smiles at me and waves me over, causing Taehyung to turn around and see me, also smiling brightly.

"Uhh... Y/n," I speak.

"Hm?" She hums, mouth full of ice cream.

"Follow me?"

"Uh... sure?" She responds, swallowing the frozen chocolate.

I stand up and start walking towards the counter, and she follows my steps, making sure her phone is in her back pocket.

"Y/n this is Taehyung and Hoseok. Taetae, Hobi, this is Y/n, my girlfriend," I say gesturing to each of them.

As soon as the word 'girlfriend' came out of my mouth, Tae and Hobi's faces brightened up, their smiles becoming even bigger.

"You finally did it?" Taehyung cheerfully asked.

"Wel-"

"It's about time!" Hoseok exclaimed.

"Please take car-" Tae started to say to Y/n, but I stopped him. He looked confused but I gestured for him to follow me, and got Hobi to follow, as well.

Of course I didn't actually take them anywhere, just had them move over to the right a little so I could talk to them without Y/n being able to hear. Each of us leaned over the counter to talk to each other.

"What's wrong?" Hoseok whispered.

"I didn't actually tell her yet."

"WHAT?!" They both exclaim loud enough for the whole (tiny) shop to hear.

"Shhhhh... look, I wasn't brave enough to tell her, I just couldn't bare to lose my chance. I don't think it's the right time."

"You gotta tell her eventually, at least before the end of this school year," Taehyung tells me.

"I know, I know, but it's so hard."

"Just calm down a bit, and trust yourself. Use your abilities wisely and figure it out. You can't make her wait much longer. She needs to know," Hoseok tells me. He may not seem like the type, but he can give great advice sometimes.

I look over at my newly titled girlfriend.

She does need to know. Ugh... what's mom gonna think? She wasn't supposed to be my girlfriend until after  she knew. Everything's going all wrong. And it's all my fault. What's Y/n gonna think? She's gonna hate me, but I love her. She's supposed to be my sweetheart, my one and only, my queen. And I lied to her. Everything's ruined.

***
So I stayed up all night... again. I've been sleeping all day for a few days now. Sigh. Not gonna lie, my whole life is probably ruined just from these few days.