Fast Fever

---- Killua's POV----

Kai was still asleep. Gon told me to watch her until he comes back from the river. She had started running a fever. Last night she even vomited. Aunt Mito came into the room with a thermometer in her hand.

" Good morning, Killua," she said, " I car to get her temperature. Can you be kind enough to sit her up for me, please?" She finished with a smile.

I nodded and wrapped my arms around Kai's back and lifted her upper body up. She groaned as Aunt Mito put the thermometer between her chapped lips.

" 106!" Aunt Mito shrieked.

" Do you want me to run a cold bath?" I asked calmly.

" Please," she whimpered.

I ran down the hallways into the small-spaced bathroom and turned the bath knob all the way left. Cold. As soon as the water started splashing out like a rapid waterfall, Aunt Mito called me back into the room. When I got there she told me the most pale-faced bringing thing.

" I need you to keep watch on Kai. Once the bath is ready I want you to put her on there. Keep her cloths on. But..." her voice trailed off as I listened. " if her fever goes any higher we are going to take her to the hospital. They'll care for her better than we could."

I swallowed hard and nodded. " What if you're not here to take her? Or Leorio?" I asked as she handed me the thermometer.

" Pick her up and take her there on foot. I know you're perfectly capable of it. After all, you ARE still a Zoldyck." she smiled and kissed my head, as she left the room.

------- 1 hour later------

I had Kai refresh in her bath....... But what scare me was her temp was now 109. As told, I picked her up and headed for town. Gon started following me. He was in the kitchen when I walked by with Kai in my arms. I explained to him and we ran out the door.

It started to rain just a minute ago, and it was already down pouring. My bare feet slid across the mud until I finally slipped and fell.

" Killua," Gon said, " are you alright?"

" Fine, but my knee hurts..." I sighed, " Don't worry about me, though. Worry about her." I said, gesturing towards a limp Kai lying next to me.

Gon slipped Kai up from the muddy ground and ran off.