Chapter four

"Well someone's a little over confident." I said, trying to cover my shock. I had to stay with Harry for 13 days? 13 Days? Did someone have it out for me? I needed to be at my job making money.
"Well, you will fall for me. It's just a matter of time." Harry chuckled and the others laughed.
"Harry I have a job at the hospital I have to go to." I said, fixing my bag on my shoulder. Harry eyed me up. He pointed to a folder on the table next to the bed.
"Read that."
I stared at him and he nodded slightly. I huffed and walked over to pick up the folder. I opened it to find a series of papers in there about his medical needs and necessary treatments. The usual stuff for a take home patient with special circumstances. I shuffled through the sheets until I came across one with my name on it.
Ms. Catherine Henderson, certified nurse at Virginia's Hospital, is assigned to assist patient by the name of Harry Edward Styles for the remainder of his recovery process. She is responsible for his well-being and must be available at any time of day for Mr. Styles request, meaning temporary living arrangements. Pay will be dispensed for the duration of the recovery process.
I stared at the note in disbelief. Why didn't anyone tell me about this?
"I need to call my supervisor." I said shortly, walking out of the room. I grabbed my phone out of my pocket and dialed Charles.
"This is Charles."
I rolled my eyes at his answer. He was always so cocky like he was James Bond or something.
"Hey Charles. It's Catherine."
"Oh hello Ms. Henderson. What can I do for you today?" He said, sounding unenthused. I took a deep breath to try make myself sound happy.
"Yea, Charles I was just wondering who sent in the approval for me to be temporarily moved into Mr. Styles' home while he's recovering?" I asked, trying not to raise my voice. Charles took a minute and it sounded like a muffled laugh.
"Well Catherine, that would need a supervisors approval and I don't think I would ever do that to someone. Oh, wait. Looks like I might have signed that. I'm terribly sorry." Charles clicked his tongue.
"Why would you do that Charles? Without my consent at that." I said, failing at keeping my voice even.
"Well, from what I saw the other day I would have thought you'd love not having to come into the hospital. You were pretty quick to want to get out." Charles said. I could just feel the smirk on his face form through the phone.
"I'd been there the entire day before with only a few hours of sleep Charles. I was ready to go home. I did the job I was asked to do and was told I could leave. I'm not going to apologize for being upset that I had to stay." I said, annoyed. I could feel my face growing red.
"You forget the single most important detail we live up to at this hospital Ms. Henderson. The patient comes first. The patient asked for you to assist him post-op and through recovery. Your endearing attitude must have won Mrs. Styles over Catherine. Congratulations."
"Seriously Charles, there has to be something I can do. Or another person to take over?" I pleaded.
"Well, you could agree to go on a date with me." He said, into the phone. I scoffed.
"Charles this isn't funny. I hardly think that's professional. I'm not interested and I've done all the work to get here to work in a hospital, not be the personal slave of a pretty boy."
"Ouch."
I looked over my shoulder to see Louis, Niall, Harry and Liam standing in the doorway. Harry leaning heavily on Liam with his crutches. He looked sickly pale and he looked like he would cry. The other guys exchanged looks.
"Uh, Harry needs to take his meds and we were told that was your job. Harry wanted to come tell you." Liam said, staring down at Harry.
"Catherine? Just so you know, offer still stands and I'll get you out of that house. You know where I'm at." The phone clicked and I stared back at Harry, wide eyed. He wouldn't quite meet my eye.
"I think I need to lay down. I feel sick." Harry muttered. Liam maneuvered him around as the other guys stared at me. I put my phone in my pocket and pushed past them towards the bedside table. I took out his pills and placed the correct amount on the tray. I looked up at Louis.
"Kitchen?" I asked. Louis pointed to the hallway to my right. I nodded my thanks and walked through the doorway into the kitchen. Once I got inside, I took a deep breath. I have never regretted saying anything in my life more than I regretted that. I ran a hand through my hair and covered my face with my hands.
"Shake it off Catherine." I said to myself. I walked around to find a cup, succeeding as I opened the first cupboard. I began to fill it with water.
"You know he's not a pretty boy." I jumped, spilling water on my arm. I turned to face Louis.
"Oh my gosh, Louis you scared me." I said, looking for a towel. He opened a drawer and handed it to me. He continued to stare at me.
"Ok."
"He's not a pretty boys. Or a man whore. Or a fame whore, or anything the media likes to portray him as. He's just a young lad." Louis said, leaning back against the counter. I didn't look at him.
"I don't know what you want me to say to be honest." I said, truthfully. I wasn't sure why he was trying to tell me.
"He's just looking for someone-"
"I'm not doing that here. That is unprofessional and I won't do it." I interrupted. Louis smirked a little.
"I was going to say someone he can talk to and trust his own age. He's hung out with some not so nice people before and hasn't had the best time making friends his own age, and he gets a lot of crap." Louis explained. I bit my cheek.
"He's just looking for a friend basically is what I'm trying to say. And what's so bad about him that you wouldn't want to date him?" He asked.
"I've seen the news and all the things he's done."
"That's all bullshit and you know that. Media has their own plan for us and it's never ever true. They make him into whatever they want, not what he really is. Give him a chance without taking the media into account." He finished. I looked at him.
"Ok. But I'm not here to start a relationship. I'm just a nurse performing orders given to me by my boss. I don't want Harry to get the wrong idea." I said, placing the towel on the counter. Louis nodded.
"Well then tell him that instead of calling him a pretty boy." Louis said, pushing off the counter. He walked through the door and left me standing there. He was right. Calling him a pretty boy probably wasn't the best route, but I didn't mean for him to hear it. I bit my lip and walked toward the door with the water. I walked out to find Liam and Niall helping Harry into the bed, Harry's face contorted in pain.
"Hey, wait. Let me do it. That's not right." I dashed forward and placed the water on the trey next to the pills. Liam and Niall let go of Harry and I reached for him. He didn't look at me, but let me help him into the bed. Once he was settled, he reached for the pills and the water and took them. The other boys, stood back silently. I stood there awkwardly.
"Ok, well since I'm staying here temporarily and it seems no one else is available from the hospital, I will need some things from home while I'm here. So if you boys will be here for a bit. I need to stop at my place quick." I said, looking at Louis, Liam and Niall.
"Uh, yea. But we have somewhere to be in an hour so.."
"I'll be knocked out in 20 minutes. I'll be fine if she's not back." Harry muttered staring at the TV.
"Ok, I'll be back." I said, stepping towards the door. I lifted my bag to my shoulder and walked towards the door.
"Well that was awkward." I heard Niall say.
"Shut up." Louis scolded.
"This is why one should never eavesdrop."
"Shut up Liam."