clark gable

short but sweet.

    - ❀ - ❀ -   

he was waiting for a train when the idea flew past his brain - he was lucky enough to catch it. all his life he'd been waiting for love like that of a movie, and he was going to get it.

luckily for geoff, jawn was perfectly fine with lending him his camera for the day. in fact, when he pitched the idea, the other seemed beyond excited to have some new material. though he was a bit reluctant to let the inexperienced boy man his equipment, he knew he could trust him. geoff was anything but reckless.

they found their spot - a small street downtown - and setup everything they needed. now all they needed was the star of the whole thing, and geoff already knew exactly who he would call.

-

awsten was there nearly an hour later, dressed in soft pastels and seemingly glowing with pure happiness. he didn't know exactly what they were doing, but by god would he take part. just hearing how excited geoff was over the phone was enough to convince him. he loved him like a brother.

geoff wanted the scene to be rainy, like in the movies. he'd run up to him and envelope him in his arms, shielding him from the torrential downpours of the world as the two kissed. it would be an instant classic he was sure.

of course, sunny texas had other plans. the earth was bone dry and the air warm - not a single cloud dared to dance over houston.

this would have to do, he guessed.

first, geoff carefully filmed some shots of awsten just being there. walking up and down the street, standing over geoff and smiling, whatever he felt like doing. then, geoff quickly passed the camera to jawn and got ready to take his place in his little work of art.

with a nod and a wave from their red-headed friend, geoff carefully maneuvered himself into the shot at awsten's side. this wasn't mentioned to him before, but he didn't complain.

geoff took awsten's hands in his own, interlocking their fingers and sending his familiar shy smile his way. awsten responded with a naive smile, soft giggles bubbling up from his lips and floating into the sky. those giggles were like a symphony of magic in geoff's ears.

then, he pulled him closer and moved to press a feather light kiss to awsten's lips, which was 'all in the script' as jawn so discreetly reminded the other. there was no script.

for a moment, there was nothing but the fireworks on their lips, and all was peaceful in the world.