Chapter 9.

Zack's POV.

"Zachariah, when are you going to get over this?" My father asked with a huff.

"You used me... there not exactly a specific time limit on how long I'm supposed to stay mad at you." I said sarcastically.

"I didn't use you, not really..." He said while rolling his eyes. "I was already keeping an eye on the girl, I just used it to my advantage when you saw her and picked her out."

"You make it sound like I was choosing steak." I growled at him.

"You basically were," His father just shrugged his shoulders.

I sighed and went back to sulking in the corner, I knew full well why he was saying it like that. It's not my fault that he gave me no choice in the matter though. I needed someone by my side before he would let me take over and he told me to find someone before my 21st birthday, I did. I didn't want to choose just any person off the streets though.

***Flashback a year ago***

"Any luck finding a girl?" One of the guards I usually hang out with in my spare time asked me. 

"Nah... Don't get me wrong, there are some pretty one's out their  but I don't want just a pretty face." I said with a chuckle as I plopped down in the chair beside him. I looked at the computer screens he was watching and spotted this blond chic. She looked kind of familiar. "What you doing?" I asked Jack, leaning forward and resting my elbows on my knees.

"Routine check up on this girl, don't ask me why I have to check up on her tough, because I haven't the slightest clue. Just supposed to be watching for some kinda sign.... Or something. I don't know." Jack shrugged.

"She looks kind of familiar... What's her name?" I asked him, still watching the girl. 

"Sadie Walker," Jack replied, giving me a sideways glance. "What are you thinking?"

"That she looks very familiar... Oh look, she even has a boyfriend, go figure." I said with a sigh, leaning back in my chair.

Jack just chuckled at me and went back to work. I looked back at the computer screen as he fast forwarded through some of the footage, I watched over it carefully as he went through a couple days at a time, only stopping every now and then when he thought something suspicious would come up, but this just seemed like an ordinary girl. That was until we got to her prom night though, I saw her jump into a group of guys who had a knife to her friends neck.

Reckless or brave, I couldn't decide. But I knew one thing for sure, if she was that brave to save a friend like that, she had what anyone needed to be by my side. I made my decision.

"See you later man," I said quickly to jack. I didn't even wait for him to answer back before I took off to my fathers office. Once I barged in the room, He glanced up at me with a curious face and slowly set the phone down after saying a quick, 'got to go'. 

"What's so important that you just come barging in here when I was on an important phone call?" My father asked half amusedly.

"I Know who i'm going to have by my side," I stated, causing him to raise his eyebrows at me. "her name is Sadie Walker."

"Sadie Walker..."My father said slowly, a weird look in his eye. I didn't pay attention much to it, but I knew he would recognize the name because he was having Jack check up on the girl. Maybe he knew why she looked so familiar. I watched as  smile as wide as the cheshire cats appeared on his face. "Do you know who this Sadie Walker is son?" He asked me, but I just shook my head. "Sadie walker... The girl you were so adamant on marrying when you were eight, your best friend for two weeks, the one who you would sneak in to see without my permission."