Chapter 15.

Sadie's POV

My gut lurched for a second before I looked up to see it was Zach crossing the hall, then I blew out my breath. I was still on my guard though, he had the mentality of an insane person after all.  I saw the worried and surprised look on his face, but that didn't faze me. 

I shook my head and tried to go the opposite direction of where he was. I wasn't moving very fast though, and I heard his footsteps catch up to me before I felt him slide under my arm and try to help me stand. 

"What-..What are you doing?" I asked between clenched teeth,

"You should still be in that coma, which is astounding, so theres no way I'm going to let you walk." He insisted, hoisting my arm over his shoulder and one arm around my waist.

"Let go of me," I demanded, trying to push away from him.

"Stop! Just let me help you," He said tiredly, tightening his grip on me.

"I don't need help from the likes you." I shook my head and tried to stop on his foot, he quickly dodged though.

"Sadie Please-"

"No Ry, Let go!" I said firmly.

"R-Ry?" He stuttered, suddenly dropping his arms from around me. I looked back at him in confusion and saw a dumbfounded look on his face. "You called me Ry..." He said, his eyebrows furrowed together.

I just shocked my head and leaned against the wall, trying to keep walking. I pushed against it, using my hands to help move me. I made it five more steps before he finally awoke from his shocked state and tried to get back to my side. I shook him off again and tried to push him away, but this time he held sturdier to my side.

"The serum worked... I'm guessing this is why i'm not dead right now..."He chuckled dryly.

"Not even close, just get away from me!" I pushed off the wall and shoved my whole weight at him. "I may remember you, but that does not give you the right!"Finding a little more strength in myself, I stood up without wall and started walk again, this time a little faster. My breath was coming out in pants because of the pain, though it was finally starting to dull. 

"What did I do? Huh?" He said in frustration.

"What did you do"? I laughed humorously, not even bothering to look back at him. "You kidnapped me... You had me drugged... You put me through torture. You think just because we used to know each other that I'd over look that? And do I even need to remind you that the only reason we knew each other before was because I was kidnapped..." I shook my head, "You're lucky I'm in such a bad condition."

"You know what? I know this. I'm stupid and gullible and selfish, among other things apparently. But i'm trying to help you right now Sadie, believe it or not." 

"You tried to help me when I was 6, you said you'd get me out... and yet your brought me back. What help you have been," I scoffed and pushed through my feet harder. "I need to get out, I need to get away from Alexander... and you."I shot back over my shoulder.

Before I could move though, gun shots rang through the building. My eyes widened in surprise, then I wondered what could be going on. The next thing I knew, a red light was flashing in the hallway and I looked around to see what could be going on. Zach's eyes widened with panic and a little bit of relief which shocked me, then he turned towards me quickly and grabbed me up again to help me.

"Don't push me again, I really am trying to help you." He said, trying to turn us around.

"Like i'll believe that, the only people I'll trust is my family and friends-"