4. Falling

Chapter Four - Falling

'I'm falling to pieces...'

"You're getting too attached to the human." The Alpha stated to me.
I was in the assembly hall in the middle of a very important pack meeting. The thing was that this pack meeting was called upon to discuss about me. I was in deep trouble. I looked over at Jace who had a nervous expression on his face. He glared at me when our eyes met. My head hung low. I knew that Jace was very disappointed at me. I've upset the alpha again when he instructed me clearly not to.
"And?" I asked.
I saw Jace palming himself. I started to feel guilty. I had this really bad habit of talking back. Usually my bad habit of talking back made me get into trouble a lot.

"I want you to stay away from him." The Alpha stated.
"Last time I checked you wanted me to keep tabs on him." I raised an eyebrow.
"He's becoming a bigger threat." The Alpha argued.
"Really has he?" I defended.
It was true. Hunter hasn't posed any threat. He just loves wolves. So far we haven't ran into any particular danger. Hunter isn't the danger.
"Last time I remembered he shot you with an arrow." The Alpha retorted.
"It was unintentional, he was supposed to shoot me with a sleeping dart, he didn't even know it was me." I argued back.

I was really pushing my limit. The Alpha's eyes started to turn pitch black and that's when he starts to get angry. "What happened if he actually used the sleeping dart? You could've been captured and our secret would be exposed. What if he aimed for the heart? You could've died." He screamed.
He then hit the wall behind me destroying it in pieces. I looked around to see all of the werewolves. Some of them were afraid and scared on what happened, others stared at me in hatred. The Alpha breathed in and out trying to calm down.

"I bet you don't even care about me if I die." I whispered looking at him. "All you cared is to keep us werewolves a secret from the humans."
The Alpha remained silent and the werewolves looked at him wondering what he was going to do next. "Hunter isn't any trouble Alpha. I can't stop being friends with him. He makes me happy and alive. He's one of my bestfriend. I'm sorry but I have to go against you." I decided.
The Alpha looked at me. "Aiden." He said.
"Aiden?" I looked at him confused.
"That's my name, call me Aiden not Alpha." Aiden said. "I'm sorry Selena."
I blinked and turned around, starting to walk out of the meeting room. "Selena." Aiden called out softly behind me.
I stopped in my tracks but didn't turn around. "I cared about you, I always did, but you never noticed."

I ran. I ran away from the meeting hall. I needed some space. I decided to call Hunter so we could meet up in the cafe. "Hunter?" I asked as he picked up his phone.
"Yeah?" He asked.
"Can we meet up at the cafe?" I asked.
"Actually, can you come over my house today? My dad wants to meet you." Hunter asked.
"Sure." I agreed.
Hunter gave me his address to his house and I started to head towards his house. As I approached his house I noticed that in fact he actually lived in an apartment. A very small one. I started to climb some stairs as his apartment was on the top level.

I approached his door and breathed in. I knocked. "Coming!" A gruff voice shouted.
The door opened to reveal a man who looked like the older version of Hunter. "Who are you?" He asked looking at me.
"Selena." I answered.
His eyes lighted up in recognition. "Oh you're the girl that Hunter was going to invite over, welcome, I'm Hunter's Dad." Hunter's Dad welcomed.
"Hi." I greeted back shyly.
"It's very nice to meet finally meet you, Hunter has been talking non-stop about you." Hunter's Dad said telling me.
I blushed. "He has?"
"Yes all the time, Hunter's in the shower at the moment you can wait for him in his room, the one on the left." Hunter's Dad said, pin-pointing Hunter's room.
"Okay thanks." I thanked Hunter's Dad as I headed towards Hunter's room.

"Tell Hunter that I'm making some snacks for you guys." Hunter's Dad waved.
"I will." I answered.
I decided at the end Hunter's Dad wasn't so bad after all.
As I headed inside Hunter's room I noticed a few things. He was really obsessed with wolves. All over his rooms were posters of wolves, from football teams to actual pictures and wallpapers of them. What really scared me was that he seemed to like a particular wolf. White fur and yellow eyes. Me. No wonder when he saw me he tried to capture me. I stared at the pictures of the white wolves with yellow eyes.