6. Captive

Chapter Six - Captive

'What do you see in those yellow eyes?'

My eyes slowly opened. I found myself inside a white room with barrs two dog bowls one with water and one with meat. What a life! I realised I was still in wolf form and slowly got up. I cursed. There was no way I could shift back because a certain security camera was looking at me in the corner of the room.

I heard the door open. I cautiously watched Hunter as he slowly walked into the room, careful to close the door behind him. "Hi." He greeted.

I looked at him in annoyance and cocked my head. He stared at me in awe behind the bars. "You look so beautiful." He whispered.

In the inside I was blushing but I just stared at him. I layed back down on the ground and looked at him again. I was trying to make him notice that this wasn't my normal behaviour. I wanted to smack myself as he just kept staring at me like I was a goddess.

Think, think, think Selena, what can you do? I got up and walked closer to him. Hunter eyes just widened. "Can I pet you?" Hunter asked.

He opened the bar door and cautiously putted his hand infront of me. He slowly inched his hand wanting to touch my head. Sorry Hunter but if I wasn't a werewolf I would have bitten your hand right now. Consider yourself as lucky. I softly put my head into his arms hoping that he'll think somethings up. Wolfs by nature aren't that nice and gentle. His eyes widened in wonder.

My shoulder slumped as he didn't get the message. I retreated and sat at the back of the room, laying down feeling miserable as ever. Hunter closed the door and went out of the room going somewhere I had no idea.

~

Hunter's P.O.V

I looked at the wolf in awe. I can't believe I can look at it closely. Her soft, delicate white fur and wild, sharp, yellow eyes. The way she stares at me like she wants to tell me something. I have no idea what she's saying. I lay on my bed thinking. I had a huge obsession with white wolves with yellow eyes. They seem to really intrigue me.

I got up of my bed and decided to call Selena to tell her. I gripped my phone ready to call her and I blushed. Selena was the most sweetest, caring person in the world. She was the only one apart from my dad who loves wolves. Mason and her were the only friends I had. I pressed the call button and put my phone to my ear.

"Hello?" A guy answered.

"Hi, I'm looking for Selena." I asked.

"Who are you?" The guy asked.

"Hunter."

There was silence for a moment. "She's not here." The guy answered.

"Then where is she?" I asked.

"I don't know, why don't you ask yourself." The guy said rudely. "Think Hunter."

The line went dead.

I wonder what the guy meant by ask yourself. I started to get worry. Where was Selena? I went into the kitchen to make lunch for the wolf which I called Lula. I don't know that was the first girl name that popped into my mind. I got out of my apartment and outside the building to my dad's shed. My dad's shed was like a decoy. The only purpose it was their was to cover up our secret underground basement where Lula was staying.

I went into the room where Lula was staying and opened the door. As I went in I looked at Lula who was sitting at the back of the room looking at me with her yellow eyes like she wanted to tell me something. I opened the cage and put her food on the ground inside the cage. I closed the cage door. She got up and went to her lunch sniffing it. With a bored look on her face she went back to her normal position and sat down looking at me again.

"You don't like the lunch?" I asked.

Lula shook her head. I opened the cage door and took her lunch out. "I'll go make another one."

Lula shook her head again. "Wait you're not hungry?"

She shook her head and looked at me again with her yellow eyes. Her yellow eyes. I gulped. I realised that her yellow eyes looked exactly like Selena.

When realising again I went out of the basement still feeling her burning gaze and went back into the apartment. I put her food on the kitchen bench and went back upstairs to get my phone. I tried calling Selena's voice again. My heart sank as nobody picked up.

That night when my dad came back and checked up on Lula telling me she wouldn't eat. I suggested that tomorrow that we should get better food for her, something that she will eat. My dad agreed saying that he will go to the butcher to get some meat for her then after that we were going to get some scientific information from her then later on bring her to a zoo where she will stay and zoologist would find out more information.

My dad already knew that Lula was the new species of magnus lupus. Even though I felt excited when my dad told me the news I felt my heart sank. I somehow didn't want Lula to go and live in a zoo. I didn't know why I was feeling that.

That night I had a dream. I was chasing Lula. I didn't know why but I knew that in this dream, she had escaped and I was trying to capture her back. At the same time I was worrying where Selena was because in the dream she went missing and everyone blamed it on me. Flashes of other people glared at me blaming that it was my fault that she was gone. I especially saw Mason and a boy presumably Selena's brother glaring at me. I don't have her! I would scream at them in my dream. Really? Jace would say. Why don't you ask the question yourself, where is she?

Finally I managed to catch Lula and put her back in the basement. When I turned around and turned back, I gasped. There lay Selena where Lula had been her yellow eyes staring at me intently. Why don't you ask the question yourself. Selena said.

I woke up gasping for air. I looked at the time and noticed it was morning and I could hear that Dad was already awake.

I got up and changed out of my pyjamas and went out of my room to the kitchen. I saw Dad at the counter making macaroons watching the news.

Dad had a horrified expression on. "Hunter look at the news."

I looked at the TV and paled. "There has been a report that a girl named Selena has gone missing in the woods." The reporter said.

"Poor Selena that's horrible." Dad muttered, taking the macaroons out of the oven.

I felt sick in the stomach when I remembered the dream last night. "Dad I had a dream."

Dad looked at me. "Dreams tell things, what is it about."

"Long story short, the wolf we caught was Selena." I said.

Dad put the macaroons on the plate. "Let's give the wolf some breakfast, we can eat the macaroons while watching her."

I agreed and we went down to the basement. As I opened the door I felt the burning gaze of Lula. She was sitting in the same position as she was yesterday her yellow eyes gazing at me. "Did she sleep at all?" Dad asked.

I looked at Lula, maybe she was Selena. "I don't know."