5. Capturing

Chapter Five - Capturing

'Was I bait, to pull you in?'

As I walked into my house, I noticed it was awfully quiet. Which was weird because Jace was always noisy, if it was cooking or watching TV. With Jace it was never quite. "Jace?' I called out.
I waited for an answer. "In the living room." Jace called out a few seconds later.
I went into the living room to find Jace sitting in a comfortable position with his feet resting on the foot couch, intently reading a newspaper. I found it really wierd. Jace never reads, especially the newspaper, he just watches.

"We need to talk." He said calmly, closing the newspaper and folding it up and putting it beside him.
"About what?" I asked.
"Hunter." Jace answered.
"What about him?" I asked cautiously.
The memory of the kiss was still lingering in my mind. Jace stared at me with a serious expression. "I know we were a bit hard on you for befriending him but you need to be careful." Jace explained. "From your stories he sounds like a pretty nice guy, but you can never know."
"Okay." I agreed.
"Okay?" Jace looked at me surprised. "Well that was easy.

"I actually need to tell you something about him to." I said nervously.
"What is it?" Jace asked curious.
"Tomorrow Hunter and his dad are going hunting." I explained. "For wolves."
"What!" Jace said enraged jumping up.
"He kind of asked me to come with him." I answered.
"And what did you say?" Jace asked not in a good mood.
"No." I answered.
"That's it we're talking to the Alpha." Jace walking out of the door to the Alpha's house.
My stomach sunk. I knew that this wasn't going to end well.

I grudgingly followed Jace to the Alpha's house. Jace knocked on the Alpha's door. The Alpha opened the door answering it. He was surprised to see me. "What's the matter?" The Alpha asked.
Jace told the Alpha everything about what Hunter and his dad was planning, while I stood there dreading for the Alpha's reaction. The Alpha got angry just as I expected. "What?" He said enraged.
"What are we going to do." Jace said.
"Not to shift anywhere else but here." The alpha decided.
My jaw dropped when he said that. "That is the most stupidest decision ever." I protested.
The Alpha glared at me. "It's for your safety."
"I haven't shifted for weeks and haven't gone for a run." I argued.
It was highly unhealthy for the wolf not to shift and stretch out.

The Alpha looked at me annoyed. "Just shift and run around here."
I looked at him angrily. Then an idea popped in my mind and I smiled. "Okay."
I shifted. My clothes tore off as I morphed into my wolf form my paws touching the floor.
Jace eyes widened as he knew what I was going to do. "Selena no!" Jace said lunging at me.
It was too late. I bolted of, out of the house and into the woods. Selena what are you doing? Jace asked enraged through the mind link.
The Alpha said for me to run around here. I answered. He didn't tell me where the limit was for 'around here'.

I started to panic when I saw Jace and the Alpha in wolf form running behind me. I urged my legs to run faster. I didn't want them to catch me. I didn't want to be locked up not able to run for weeks in my wolf form. My wolf form sprinted away eager to feel satisfied after a long run. adrenaline was coursing through me as I dodged trees and jumped over rocks.

I looked behind me again to find Jace and the Alpha was still hot on trail. I ran faster. I still had a lot of energy to waste. I ran for a few more minutes and looked back to notice that Jace and Alpha was tiring. I looked around to and realised that I was somewhere deep in the woods. I had no idea where I was or where I was going.

Selena watch out. The alpha screamed panic laced in his voice.
I looked around to see what the Alpha meant and I gasped.
"Hunter do it." Hunter's Dad commanded.
I looked to my right to find Hunter's Dad and Hunter on foot with sleeping dart guns in there hand. I glanced at Hunter whose green eyes were sparkling in excitement. I stood frozen in shock as Hunter pointed right at me. I felt a piercing pain on my right arm as Hunter shot a sleeping dart at me.
Selena no! Jace and Alpha called out at the same time.

The effect of the sleeping dart took over as I felt my eyes droop as I drop to the ground.