Truth-o-nator (Oscar)

Above is my math class ceiling XD idk I'm bored

——————

The main lobby doors open and you walk in. Kids walk in different directions doing various things, holding paper and gadgets. You smile and begin walking to your desk, happy to be at your work. Though your partner wasn't here today, it excites you to work on a case. You hear footsteps clot up behind you in a skip like way.

"Howdy doo y/n!" Oona says. You turn around and smile.

You and Oona were friends, you weren't that close but there was never an awkward moment when you talked to her. You looked up to her, she was pretty and nice. She was well known, maybe because she's a scientist but you still looked up to her.

"Hey, what's up?" You ask.

"Oscar wants you in the lab." She says with a grin.

Oscar? He's suppose to be at that science thingy, you didn't really know. You nod and follow Oona to the lab. You look around at all the gadgets and sciencey things around the lab. The curiosity stings in the back of your mind that, even though the lab was a mess, it still seemed to be neat; as if everything had its place. She walks to the back of the lab and you follow silently.

Oscar has his sleeves rolled up and on the table. He's cheeks were red with frustration. You walk up to him and he gives a huff. You notice how tall he has gotten from when he worked at Oddsquad. He's messy, dirty blonde hair now neat and tamed. He turns to you and his posture straightens.

"Y/n, hi." He says.

"What seems to be the problem?" You ask looking at the gadget.

"Can you test this gadget to see if it works?" He asks. You raise an eyebrow.

"Yeah I've been good, thanks for asking," you reply sarcastically and he was drops his arms on his side, "what gadget is it?"

"Truth-o-nator." He says picking up a screw driver and  going back to working on the gadget.

"Truth-o-nator?" You ask watching Oscar work his Magic.

"Yes, if i shoot you with then you can only answers truthfully. Great gadget for interrogating villains." He says with a smile tugging the corner of his mouth.

"Okay, sure," you glance at Oona and then back at him, "wait why can't you try it on Oona?"

"Because i need her help fixing it, it's giving off nasty side effects." He explains and his eyes search the gadget.

Your eyebrows knit together, "then why am i testing it?"

"Well, you're the most daring agent on the squad. Don't worry, i will be following you throughout the day to make sure your safe."

You stare at the floor for a moment, taking in the options. He was right, you were the most daring in the squad. The thought of something bad happening to you leaves a bad taste in your mouth. Was putting your life in danger worth obtaining a new gadget?

"Okay I'll do it, but you have to be with me at all times." You cock your eyebrow. Oscar's cheeks turn a slight pink and he gives a crooked smile.

"O-okay. Oona you work on the gadget while i become an agent for the day," he looks at the floor, "agent for the day.."

You stare at the floor waiting for one of the scientists to zap you with the peculiar gadget. You glance up, meeting a pair of hazel eyes already staring at you. Your face burns as he clears his throat and struggles to get the gadget.