Chapter 10

Tory, Clint, and Nat keep fighting. The Hawk slides down a Chitauri soldier and puts an arrow through his throat. The Widow puts her hands on one of the energy weapons from the aliens, fighting the hell out of them. Tory jumps in the back of one of the Chitauri, wrapping her hands around his neck, jumping to her back and slamming on the floor. Cap joins back, throwing his shield at upcoming aliens, knocking them all to the floor.

Lightning strikes down from the sky, channeling the blast, firing the electricity out at the Chitauri soldiers around them. They're blasted back in a massive shockwave. The aliens convulse, dropping dead to the ground. Thor lands with a bang.

"What's the story upstairs?" Captain America asks, sighing.

"The power surrounding the cube is impenetrable," Thor answers, swinging Mjolnir on his hand.

"Thor's right. We gotta deal with these guys," Tony says, through sounds of things blowing.

"Okay... And how do we do this?" Tory questions, raising an eyebrow.

"As a team," Cap retorts.

"I have unfinished business with Loki," Thor snaps stepping forward.

"Yeah? Get in line," Barton mumbles, looking over his arrows, and placing them on the quiver.

"Save it! Loki is gonna keep this fight focused on us and that's what we need. Without him, these things could run wild. We got Stark up top, he's gonna need us..." Steve's voice disappears in the sound of an old engine. They all turn their heads, to look at Banner, who's riding a small motorcycle. He gets off and looks around the city.

"So, all this seems horrible," he says looking over his teammates.

"I've seen worst," Tory blurts, Nat nods, agreeing.

"Sorry," Banner apologizes.

"No. We could use a little worst," Romanoff says, with a smile.

"Stark we got him," Cap informs through his coms.

"Banner?" Tony asks.

"Just like you said."

"Tell him to suit up. I'm bringing the party to you," he answers back with a smirk.

Iron Man comes from behind a building, one of the huge whale-robot following him with a loud groan. The Avengers look up, wide-eyed.

"What the..." Tory mutters to herself.

"I...I don't see how that's a party," Nat stutters. Iron Man swoops down, the thing following him. They keep coming to the team's direction, the Chitauri destroying everything in its way. Banner looks back, seeing the mess. He gives a step towards the monster.

"Dr. Banner. Now might be a really good time for you to get angry," Steve countered.

"That's my secret Cap, I'm always angry," Bruce says, his body getting bigger and turning green. He turns, just as the whale comes close. The Hulk punches the creature's nose, making it flip over 360. Tony, in mid-flight, stands his arms and fires a couple of missiles. The bombs hit a soft spot and the chitauri blows completely. Huge pieces of metal and meat start falling. Cap raises his shield to block them, Nat and Tory bellow him.

From the portal above their heads, thousands more of chitauri soldiers fly out. The heroes look up.

"Guys!" Black Widow yells.

"Call it, Cap," Tony says. All seven of them gather in a circle, each one looking to one direction, ready for Cap's orders.

"Alright, listen up. Until we can close that portal up there, we're gonna use containment. Barton, I want you on that roof, eyes on everything. Call out patterns and strays. Stark, you got the perimeter. Anything gets more than three blocks out, you turn it back or you turn it to ash," Steve snaps his orders.

"Wanna give me a lift?" the Hawk asks, looking at Tony.

"Right. Better clench up, Legolas." Iron Man says, taking off, lifting Barton to the rooftop. Tory smirks at the nickname.

"Thor, you've gotta try and bottleneck that portal. Slow them down. You've got the lightning. Light the bastards up."

Thor swings his hammer above his head, flying away.

"You and me, we keep the fight here on the ground," Steve orders to the women, they both nod. He looks over to the Big Guy.

"And Hulk, smash!"

The Hulk smiles, a most significant grin. He jumps to the nearest building, running up the walls, smashing the chitauri in his way. He keeps jumping in the buildings, tearing the aliens in half, hitting the chitauri with dead ones.

Thor grabs the top of a skyscraper, raising Mjolnir, firing a blinding bolt of lighting towards the hole in the sky. The chitauri coming out of the portal, all electrocuted. They all convulse, dropping dead to the ground.

Back on the streets, Tory is using the Chitauri weapons against them. She's taken off her feet by one of the soldiers. The Black Widow jumps in the alien's back, cutting his throat. Both of them take one of the weapons, turning to attack again. Cap stands there, his hands holding the shield. Tory breaths heavily, as Natasha sighs.

"Captain... None of this is gonna mean a damn thing if we don't close the portal," Nat says looking around at the destroyed city.

"Our biggest guns couldn't touch it," Steve counters.

"Maybe it's not about guns," Tory says, looking at the soldier. Nat points to the chariots flying all around.

"You wanna get up there, you're gonna need a ride," Steve points out.

"I have a ride, but I could use a lift though," Romanoff says, backing away, looking at the chariot that is flying closer.

"Are you sure?" Tory asks, raising an eyebrow at her.

"Yeah, it's gonna be fun," Natasha answers, looking back again. Captain America positions himself, holding his shield up. Nat runs to him, putting one foot at a car and jumping on the shield, as Cap gives a boost at it, making her fly at the moving chariot that just passed by. Steve and Tory keep fighting, helping one another.