Part 1

[Part 1]

I could not believe it, even with all the magazines and tabloids proclaiming it true. He came back. After all the years of no calling, no emailing. Complete avoidance.

I didn't know when he had arrived or where he was in our area, just that he was.

 The girls of our small town were elated when they announced his tour was cut-short, and it only seemed to get busier with the news of his whereabouts. Of course, I hadn't seen him yet.

It had been several years since I last saw him, and in that time I would only made one good friend in his absence. Mariah- who could not figure out why I wasn't as siked as she was that someone like him would be coming to where we are.

There were so many rumors of why he would come to the secluded town of Eaton Springs: he was having trouble with his father, he was caught with drugs and was seeking help in a rehab center, he had health related problems and needed to rest before continuing his tour. None to which I knew the answer.

I felt a tap on my shoulder and glanced over my shoulder to see Mariah give a faint nod to the front of the class where, when I turned my head, my homeroom teacher was looking right at me.

As soon as the bell rang, Mr. Hugo called me up to his desk. Mariah shot me a worried glance before she bolted out the room.

I gathered my things and made my way to his desk, "Yes?" I asked tucking my textbook under my left arm.

"Ah, Mrs. Wilson," Mr. Hugo grinned. "As you probably know, you are one of our best students here at Jackson."

It was true. I had worked my butt off the last few years to hold a spot in the top 5% of my class. Thankfully, parties and having a social life weren't too big on my radar. Of course, I went to a few parties here and there, when Mariah dragged me to one along with her boyfriend, Rick.

I nodded and he cleared his throat to continue, "Well since you are a very good representation of our school, Principal Edenbright recommended you to be one of the escorts for one of our new students coming in next week."

One of the few disadvantages of being in top of my class- I was called out a lot to do things most other students would not do, and was expected to do it willingly and with a big grin on my face.

Not that I minded, most of the time I said yes and happily went with whatever I was asked to do. However, escorting new students was not one of my favorite duties.

The bell was about to ring in a minute or so and my next class was on the opposite side of the building; Mr. Hugo stood there smiling at me. I was about to object, when he started again, "It's not a big thing. Just show them to their classes, and help them around the building. Show them where to have lunch and how things work around here; nothing major. What do you say?"

I glanced at the clock above his head once again, less than a minute now. Seeing as how persistent Mr. Hugo usually was about things, and that even if I did refuse to do it now, the principal would just come ask me again, then I would have no choice but to say yes.

" Sure. I guess." I agreed taking a few steps away from the desk and towards the door.

Mr. Hugo beamed, "Okay great, report to the office Monday instead of coming to class."

I nodded and scampered to the door, politely shutting it behind me before booking it to the other side of the building.

--------------------------------------------

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING!! This is my first story on here. Let me know what you think and don't forget to vote!