Part 2

[Part 2]

                  Leading jittery, wide-eyed students around for a whole day wasn't exactly my description of a great/fun day, but I couldn't see any way out of it as I separated myself from Mariah's side and stalked down to Principal Edenbright's office to meet my new best friend for the day.

The school halls were already full of tired students, rubbing morning snot out of their sleep-deprived eyes.  I passed a small group of dark clothed people as I came up to the door of the office and straightened my white shirt before I opened it.

There were a few students lined up against the counter waiting to talk to the secretary- probably to give some lame excuse as to why they missed one of their big tests or why they hadn't come back from off-campus lunch.

 I smiled at Mrs. Terrell, the secretary, and went around the counter to the Principals room. I paused in front of the door and took a deep breath. Bracing myself for the worst, I opened it and plunged in.

  Mr. Edenbright looked up as I walked into the room and smiled at me, "Ah, welcome Mrs. Wilson. This is the student you will be escorting around today," He motioned to the small blonde girl sitting in the red chair in front of his dark wood desk and she turned to give me a tentative wave.

 I smiled thinly and gave her a small wave in return, "This is April. April, this is Melody Wilson. Melody will be showing you around the school today and showing you how everything works here at Jackson. If you have any questions you can ask her." He smiled graciously and stood; he took a paper off his desk and gave it to the girl.

    "This is your schedule; we tried to fit the classes you requested on it. You and Mrs. Wilson are in the same grade so she'll know where to take you." He came around his desk and held his hand out to the door, motioning for us to go out. I nodded and held it open as we went through it to the main office.

 "Mrs. Wilson?" Mr. Edenbright called from behind me and I turned to face him, the girl, April, halting at my side, "Thank you."

I sighed and placed a smile on my face "No problem."

With a small nod, he closed his office door and went back into his office.

I asked April for her schedule as we walked out the office and into the loud hallway, "Well... You have an easy set of classes this semester," I commented looking over her schedule as we rounded the corner at the end of the hall.

April laughed and shrugged "Isn't that one of the great benefits of being a senior? Having easy classes?"

"We have third hour computers together," I ignored her comment, continuing, "So you can just come with me to lunch if you want."

She just shrugged and eyed a group of boys clumped together a little ways down the hall; all of them talking and laughing obnoxiously. "So... Guys at Jackson... How are they?"

I rolled my eyes folding her schedule up, "Most of them are royal jerks who can't keep their eyes off any girl who walks by."

"Bad break up?" she asked eyeing me before she turned her attention, and a big smile, on the group of jocktards we were passing.

A tall bulky football player turned his big head to look as we came by and he let out an extremely loud howl "Whooo! Mel-oh-dee! You are looking fox-ay today!" he hollered and his friends, along with a few other students in the hall, all turned their heads to face me, a few of them letting out whistles. "And so is your new friend... Who is this? Is this a new addition to your little circle?"

I shook my head annoyed and kept walking, April reluctantly doing the same.

 "Quite the opposite actually..." I muttered to April.

"That's alright! We'll talk later!" Josh, the loud mouth, called from behind as his friend punched him in the shoulder, "Dude. Foxy? Really? That's lame man..."

I ignored them and pulled open the door of the English class open, "Come on. This is your first hour and it's about to start. I'll be back here after class to show you to your next room."

April nodded and walked in. I quickly introduced her to the teacher before exiting and making my way to my own class.

****************************************************

Thank you so much for reading! 

Don't forget to vote and comment! much love