Chapter 6

Chapter 6

Fascinthia's eyes bolted open and she saw an array of bright lights. When her vision cleared up a little more, she saw everything around her, moving, spinning. She rubbed her temples but it didn't relieve the pain. She moved a little, trying to get up when she reached the end of the couch and fell to the floor. She brought her head to her knees and clutched her hair. It felt hot to the touch, like heated metal. From the roots to the tips of her hair, she felt heat radiating. Her eyes were now burning, like someone had sprayed soap in her eyes and they hurt. She didn't know they could hurt, but they did, immensely. She felt a throbbing at her temples and she writhed in pain. Her head hurt and no matter how much or how long she massaged her head, it kept hurting.

She bit down on her lip to keep in the screams and shrieks of pain when she heard a scream. A male voice, in great pain. She stood up, one hand on the edge of the couch to give her a sense of balance, and the other, massaging her temple. She walked a little, stumbling around, her toe hitting nearby objects. The world was still spinning around her and right when she thought she could walk, her legs gave out beneath her and she fell, hitting her head on a table nearby.

She heard footsteps, of someone running. She saw a figure come into view and crouch near her. She wanted to scream, to let out all the pain but she didn't want to appear weak. So she bit her lip harder. The more it pained, the harder she bit. The blood dripping down her chin and falling and staining her clothes didn't bother her. She dug her nails into the table nearby and although it hurt, she hoped it would distract her. Make it easier for her to bear.

"Fascinthia," she heard a voice. The figure leaned in and pulled her lip out from under her teeth. "Hey," he said, in a soft, caring tone, "You can scream. It's okay."

Fascinthia shook her head violently and pushed away the hand that clipped her face. She staggered back, "Leave me alone," she screamed at the blurry figure. She heard more footsteps, running again and another figured entered the room.

"I had to do it," she screamed, "I just wanted to live." She kicked the man crouched next to her. "Stay away," she said, "I can kill you too. Just like I killed your husband. I didn't want him to die. But I didn't wanna die myself. Not like that." she waved her hands around, hitting the figure in the jaw.

"Stay-" she pushed herself further, "Stay away. Hear me? I said stay away."

A tear fell down and mixed with the blood. When it hit her lip, she felt a burning, tingling sensation. "Felix," she heard the man say, "The pain is causing hallucinations. Knock her out."

She heard a snap, and then, blackness consumed her. She saw nothing except darkness around her. Then, she saw a man, charging at her in the traditional black uniform of Eleptian soldiers. She was running, she realised. Not away from the man but towards him, a knife in hand. She kept running till she drove the knife inside his stomach. She twisted the knife, then pulled it out. It was covered in his blood and she simply wiped it on her shirt and walked ahead. She saw a small hut then, a cottage. She saw people enter the house, dressed in white, for mourning. She followed them inside and took a seat on a chair. She felt invisible, as though no one there could see her. She heard wailing and looked behind to see who it was. It was a lady, her face all wrinkly and her skin, sagging. She walked up to the coffin and knelt in front of it and cried. She wept miserably. Fascinthia walked to the coffin and looked through the glass to see the same man that she had killed. Suddenly, the woman turned, and pointed at her. There was a ruckus, lots of screaming and shouting and above all, glaring. Glaring at Fascinthia. She stepped back, dragging her feet. She whispered a faint sorry and was met with more screaming, shrieking and blaming.