Chapter 10

Chapter 10

Fascinthia entered the house, her hands holding multiple bags. Orion and Elek followed her in, their hands too, holding bags. Fascinthia emptied the contents of her bags on the dining table as Elek and Orion imitated her actions. She picked up a pair of distressed denim shorts and a yellow top and walked into her room. She came out, a few minutes later, dressed in the outfit. She saw the two boys sitting on the couch, orange soda cans in their hands and popcorn on the table in front of them. She walked up to them, maintaining the balance in her new heels and posed. The boys cheered and whooped, causing Fascinthia to erupt in laughter, joined by the other two. Orion passed a comment on how the colour was a little too bright for her but cheered on anyway. She walked right back in and changed into something else.

Forty six dresses and ninety minutes later, the boy's were evidently sleepy and tired but Fascinthia didn't let them leave. She was in her room now, changing into the last outfit. A navy blue dress. There was a floral lace pattern all over the dress that stopped mid thigh. She wore the suede platforms that she had bought and a small necklace with a small, decorative heart as a pendant. She walked out of the room, pulling her dress down as much as possible and stood in front of two boys, fast asleep with their popcorn spilt on the floor. 

"Wake up!" she screamed, causing Elek to fall of the couch and Orion to open his eyes. "How does this look?" she asked, her tone more gentle. 

Once the boys' vision had finally cleared up, they took in the beauty that was Fascinthia. "Hot damn!" she heard Orion say, "And they say girls look best in little black dresses." Fascinthia gave a small smile and was about to retreat to her room when she heard someone clap. She turned around to see Felix standing at the door his hair tousled as if he just woke up. "Never seen a lady walk so fiercely in platforms. Well done, Fascinthia."  

Fascinthia was just about to thank him when he said, "Now, off to bed. If you guys are up, you'll ruin my sleep." He snapped his fingers and the pile of clothes were once again in their bags and the popcorn, gone. Orion picked up half the bags and Fascinthia picked the other half while Elek retreated to his room. After placing the bags in Fascinthia's closet, he was about to leave when Fascinthia spontaneously hugged him. 

The action caught Orion by surprise but he didn't object. Just smiled. She looked up at him and their gaze was locked. She noticed him lean in, just the faintest action and realised, she too was leaning in. Closer and closer. His breath fanned her face and she heard him take short breaths, sucking in as much as possible. Then, she lost her control, and locked her lips with his. It was a simple brush of their lips, a soft and gentle gesture before she pulled away. 

"Bonitas mea!" Fascinthia heard him mutter under his breath. It was the first time she had kissed someone and there was a high chance it was awful. "You're awful at this!" he said, loud enough for her to hear.

Fascinthia felt sick inside, then, heard his next words, "A little bit of practice would do you good." He smirked and leaned in, leading the kiss. It was a soft kiss. She heard his breath and felt it on her face. She would take a breath now and again, and the smell of coffee and vanilla and something purely him would assault her senses in the best way possible. She opened her eyes, just a little and saw his face. Up close. It was relaxed, his skin smooth and his eyes a little crinkled when he smiled between the kiss, though it was a little scary to see him so closely. She shut her eyes then, not wanting to feel anything. Anything, at all. Just his heart beating under her brittle fingers and his smile against her lips, now and then. She let herself go, let herself loose. All the feelings, the anger, the sadness, the fury she had felt. She let go of it. She had been clutching it tight for so long, but now, she loosened her grip on it. And let it go, just let it fly away. And the place where they resided in her mind and heart, filled up with satisfaction and joy and peace. And she let herself lose control, and be okay with it.