Chapter 3: Escapades

Chapter 3:- Escapades (ANA'S POV)

[6 years ago]

Do you love movies where the thieves run from the police in a very strategic way? I too have a story like that! Only I was no thief & I wasn't running from police.

After I completed packing all my stuff, I went to the security room and told Sawyer about my plans. Immediately, he got up, and insisted he would stay there with me for the prolonged period. I tried to talk to him against it, but hell that man never listened. And when I got too whiny on how Sawyer never left me alone, he uttered one word, "Orders" and that was enough to make my mouth shut.

As Sawyer pressed the elevator button, I looked back for the last time. The last time I would be seeing this beautiful penthouse that had beautiful memories with it. And as funny as it sounds, I would even miss The Red Room of Pain. I had more memories, both bitter & sweet, from the Red Room than anything combined in Escala. I remember Christian taking me there for the first time.. the nervous face he had, the first time we were in there together.. the second time I almost left him.. but mostly it had pleasing memories.

The ping from the elevator distracted me, indicated the arrival. As I stepped into it, I suddenly became very aware of what I was doing. I was leaving everything - Escala, Gail, Sawyer, Taylor, Kate, Christian, my marriage.. my actual life.. I was leaving everything that I ever had, just so I could bring a new life into this world, which I knew wouldn't be possible if I stayed in Seattle. Christian is very good with words, he had the power to coax me into what he wanted but I wanted things against it. At the end, every women makes sacrifices, I made a little more than others.. what was the harm, right?

Wrong, my inner goddess piped in, waking from her long sleep.

When the elevator doors opened, Sawyer immediately went ahead of me and opened the backseat door. I muttered a polite 'Thank You' before going inside. Hell, I couldn't even meet his eyes! Sawyer drove straight to my old apartment. Luckily, Kate and I decided that we would keep the apartment instead of selling it, just so we could have a place to stay when we have arguments with our respective partners and need to storm out. Silly I know, but it was helpful for me then!

I told Sawyer to stop at bank before because I needed to withdraw money. He looked at me quizzically. I mean why would someone withdraw money when they have a couple of credit cards with them? But without arguing, he took me to the bank where I decided to withdraw all my savings. I couldn't do it afterwards since there was a chance he could trace my transaction. I didn't want to borrow money from the account Christian made for me, it was basically me asking too much, after what I was planning to do. After all, I was leaving him and I didn't want any more reasons for him to hate me.

We reached the old apartment in complete silence. Me, especially, contemplated how should I avoid Sawyer's intervention in all of this. As he held the door open for me, I stepped out with an idea forming in my head.

"Sawyer?", I said, as sweetly as possible.

"Yes Mrs. Grey?", he asked.

"Can you grab 2 coffees from Starbucks?", I asked, knowing Starbucks from the apartment was atleast a 20 minute drive.

"Umm Mrs. Grey.. I can't..", he looked for proper words to deny.

"Are you saying no? Christian won't be very pleased with this."

"Okay, Mrs. Grey", he sighed, knowing he had no other option.

After Sawyer left, I rushed into the apartment. Sawyer will make the 20 minutes drive in 10 minutes & coffee will take around 10 minutes so I have around 30 minutes maximum. Damn I should've considered going into business rather than literature with this math.

When I opened the door, I was met with dust. Piles & piles of dust. My sudden OCD kicked in and I had an urge to clean everything. Focus, Ana.

I called the cab company and booked a cab from the apartment to Seattle-Tacoma airport. I already told Hannah the day before to book 1 ticket from Sea-Tac to Phoenix, Arizona. She was confused for a while as there was no meeting or contract in her schedule as such but did the work. Despite telling a ton of times to book in the general class, she upgraded it to business class. Damn that girl.

I brought rough papers and a pen with me too. Now was the time for the last notes. I figured writing the notes here would be better than writing at home. It would evoke more feelings here, I thought. So I started writing notes. They were small but assured I would be safe. One for each - Kate, Elliot, Carrick, Grace, Mia, Gail, Taylor and even Sawyer. I apologized to Sawyer saying it wasn't his fault at all in all of this, he was just following orders. I even wrote one to my mom & Ray. They would be broken and confused, I know, but I need my coast clear. And then the final note, to Christian. I was suddenly overwhelmed. Tears brimmed my eyes & blurred my vision as I poured my heart out. I don't even know what exactly did I write but I think I wrote "I'm Sorry" & "I Love You" a ton of times.

After writing those letters, I arranged them in a neat pile and put them on the kitchen counter. I retrieved my phone from my purse and put it over the pile. I took out my credit cards and everything that could help to trace me and put them besides the pile. Only, I couldn't bear to remove my wedding ring and the charm bracelet. Those are some precious stuff, precious gift & precious promises that I didn't want to lose, ever.

With a heavy heart, I went outside and closed the door behind me. Sawyer hadn't returned by then. I saw a cab waiting and asked if it was for Anastasia Grey, which he confirmed. I sat inside hurriedly and he drove me to Sea-Tac, leaving the city behind me, probably forever.

It was 5pm when I reached Phoenix, with my small bag. I had sweat running down my neck.. Sawyer must've found the notes and phone by then & alerted Christian who must've turned Seattle upside down.. there from Germany. I needed to be quick with my plans. I booked a cab from Phoenix airport to Santa Fe, New Mexico. I know it sounds weird to go to another state via cab when you could've simply gone on a flight but well, I didn't want Christian to track me by any means. I booked the cab with the name Anastasia Steele instead of Grey. I didn't want to use Grey anymore. I had left the name Grey behind me in Seattle. And I didn't need anything remotely 'Grey' coming my way until I bring my bleep to this world.

~*~*~*~

A/N: Being cliché but the comments really motivate me, be it good or constructive! So write something! Any gibberish may do but let me know if its good or it needs more working out :)

•VOTE/SHARE/COMMENT•

I REALLY NEED THE VOTES GUYS❤

UNTIL WE MEET AGAIN, XOXO ~ Ava❤