The Scientist

He drove her crazy that night...well, crazier, that she snapped at him and told him words she could never take back, one she also never really meant, one that came out of anger.

"I hate you!"

Lucifer opened his mouth to speak but decided against it and turned on his heels instead, while the Detective slammed the doors as he did. She failed to see the look on his face that silently begged for her to reconsider because if there's one thing he couldn't stand, it would be his detective despising him for the rest of her existence.

xxxxxxx

Chloe woke up in a cold sweat and checked her watch, 1 AM, still too early but she had this nagging feeling that she needed to see her partner and apologize for how things turned out. It's also good that Trixie's with Dan so she puts on a white shirt, a pair of pants, boots, and jacket, and drove towards Lux.

The bouncers intercepted her at the entrance.

"You have to stand in line, Miss."

"Excuse me?" She raised a brow. They always let her in without question, but maybe Lucifer was mad at her and had them put her on the blacklist?

"Line is right there, Miss."

"LAPD," She flashed her badge, anger rising up once more at this petty retaliation from her partner. "This is a social call for Mister Morningstar."

The bouncer unclasped the chain and let her in.

Chloe scanned the floor for the club owner and when she didn't find him there, she stepped into the elevator up to his penthouse, steeling herself in turn for whatever she may find.

xxxxxxx

The cabin doors opened to the sight of him playing Fur Elise, a glass of whiskey on top of the piano and surprisingly, no other guests.

"Lucifer," The blonde started, and he stopped playing.

"Well, hello there." He greeted, grabbed the whiskey and gave her a smile.

"Look, I'm sorry, okay?"

"Pardon me, sorry for what Miss...?"

"Ah. So you're angry and now you're pretending you don't know me,"

She huffed and shook her head. How childish.

"I apologize, but I haven't seen you before in my life... Well, here on earth specifically. If you're looking for a good shag, I'm afraid I have to decline. I'm expecting another guest so you can come back tomorrow night if you wish."

"Huh," Chloe was losing patience but perhaps she'll humor him. "I'm Detective Chloe Decker, LAPD."

"Ahh, Detective Decker, what can I do for you?"

"Really, Lucifer?"

The devil furrowed his brows, not understanding why the police officer was upset with him.

"Here's the thing about me, Detective: I don't lie. And I don't appreciate people who accuse people of lying."

Lucifer left the glass on his bar and walked towards the elevator.

"Where are you going?"

"My guest has arrived downstairs. It was a pleasure to meet you, Detective Decker."

He left her at the penthouse, confused. She checked her phone, January. January 2016. Maybe her phone wasn't updated or something. She looked at her watch and it said the same thing.