48

“You open it first,” I said, handing him a small red, christmas-decorated box. I sat on the edge of the bed. He did, too.

“Isn’t this too early for christmas present?”

“Just open it.”

He unwrapped the box, and pulled out two red gloves. The pattern was the same as the one on the sweater i just bought. It was the mix between some cheesy christmas decorations.

“You got me gloves?”

“Not just gloves,” I said, pulling out a sweater from one of the plastic bags. “They match my new sweater.”

Through the flickered lights of my room, the smile on his face wasn’t so hard to tell.

“God, you’re so gay,” he said half laughing.

“But you like my being gay.”

“Very much.”

I remembered those winter days when I was a kid and my parents were already on their holidays. We would just sit around on the couch by the fireplace. Watching some christmas movies we already watched at least a hundredth times in our lives. Talking about everything. Those days were cold, but being there with my parents made it less cold.

Being there with him felt like those winter days with my parents.

“I’ve got you another present,” I said.

“Christmas is like in a week and you’ve already got—“

He never finished what he was about to say, because I leaned in and kissed him.