Batfamily X Batmom! Reader || Thunderstorms

(Edited: 4th of October 2019)

It had been no-stop raining in Gotham for the past three days (not surprising really.) and that had made going on patrol kind of difficult. 

Damian and Tim had slipped (multiple times) and hurt themselves, Jason had almost crashed his motorbike and Dick had almost fallen off a building more than once. Great right? 

You hadn't suffered such ego-killing moments because Bruce wouldn't let you out. He insisted that in this weather you would 'Be more useful right here, on the computers, in the Batcave.' He seriously said that, making sure to stress the words 'Here' and 'Batcave'.

But it enough talk about the weather, right now you were snuggled up in bed reading a book. Bruce had gone on patrol by himself tonight, considering that with this weather not even the villains seen to want to do anything, so he can handle it on his own. 

You had offered to go with him but he left before you could even walk towards your costume. Bruce was considering, but he did need some help at times, he was only human after all. Even if he was Batman, he didn't have invincibility like Clark or Diana, or super speed like Barry. 

You were not saying that he couldn't do what they did, you were saying he did still need to be careful.

You looked over to the clock on you side-table that read 10:26 pm. You sighed and decided that you probably needed to go to sleep soon, so putting down your book you slid out of bed and made your way downstairs to the kitchen. When you got there Alfred was sitting at the table that was placed in the middle of the room with a book and what looked like a cup of tea.

"Hey Alfred. Do you know where the boys are?" you asked. He looked up from the book.

"I believe they are in their room's Mrs. (y/n)." he replied.

"Thanks Alfred." you said as you grabbed a biscuit from the jar and walked back to your bedroom.

You were on the verge of sleep when a loud crack made all those idea's disappear. You sighed, knowing that it'll take at least another 10 or so minuets until you would get back to the point of sleep that you were at before. 

You were almost there when the creak of the door alerted you to another presents in the room. You sat up, probably not a wise thing to do if it was a robber or maybe a villain, but it wasn't.

It was Damian.

"Damian? What's wrong?" you asked. Another clap of thunder rand overhead once you finished causing Damian to run onto Bruce's side of the bed and cover himself with the covers. It suddenly dawned on you what the problem was.

He must've been scared of Thunder.

"Damian... Are you scared?" you quietly asked.

"What!? No- No, of course not." he says and instantly you knew he was lying... And he knew that.

"You won't tell the other's will you Ummi?" Damian asks as he pokes his head out from the covers. You smile and shake your head.

"'Course not Dami, I wouldn't think of it." Another crack of thunder rang out and he snuggled closer to your side. 

This wasn't really like Damian to be like this towards you. He smiled at you at times, rarely called you Mum (or Ummi.) and it was even rarer for him to cuddle with you. But then again, it hasn't rained or thundered quite like this since you and he have been in the house together.

"Father does like you, doesn't he? Just like how you like him?" Damian asks as you run your fingers through his hair.

"Why do you ask that?" you reply.