Chapter 6: A New Foe

POV Y/n (Kakoshi)

Leone took me and Tatsumi out for a tour of her part of town, it was not what I expected to see, I figured it would be a slum, not a bustling community. “Hey Leone, I’ll need a back rub sometime.” some lady shouted. “I guess you’re popular here Leone.” Tatsumi said. “HEY LEONE” some men shouted running in as a riot “Uh-oh, RUN!” Leone shouted running away, leaving me and Tatsumi to our own, when the two of us got separated.

An hour later I was making my way back to where we got separated, when I saw Tatsumi walking with some ginger girl in armor and a dog. “Hey Tatsumi,” I said, “I see ya’ve made a new friend.” “Hey Y/n” Tatsumi said “Hello good citizen.” she said, “I am Seryu Ubiquitous of the Capital Guard Forces. A warrior of justice!” Shite, I thought, This is another Imperial Guard, hope we don’t need to kill her. “Howdy ma’am.” I replied as her dog sniffed me, “Hecatonchires quit.” “How do you know Kuro’s name citizen?” she asked me, “Well,” I responded, “I know a thing or two about teigu, had a pardner who wielded one,” “Oh,” she replied, “Well Tatsumi, now that I see your friend is here, I will leave you in his care.” She then darted off, dragging Hecatonchires by his leash having him bounce along the way. A few moments later after I was certain she left I spoke. “So who’s tellin’ the boss?” I asked.

Later that night, we only had two targets, I volunteered to stay at the base for this mission while Sheele and Mine went after a Chibul guy, while Leone and Tatsumi took out a pimp. “Good luck Sheele.” I said with a wink, “Okay, Thank you dear.” Sheele responded. After about an hour of doing some work around the house, I felt a pain in my heart, “SEELE!” I said darting out of the base, “Mimic: Incursio, and Elemental Heart” I then had my ‘Incursio armor’ appear around me, I then had lightning appear in my eye and I found myself beside Mine and Sheele. They were fighting Seryu and Hecatonchires. “Sheele, Mine, it’s Kakoshi, y’all alright?” I said in a deep voice. “Yea we’re fine, just a broken arm and I’m not sure about Sheele though.” Mine said with a hint of sarcasm. “HECATONCHIRES LUZT.” I shouted jumping in and cutting of Hecatonchires’ arm off, while catching Sheele from the fall. “I don’t care how many people you bring to this fight, I will kill all of you evil doers in the name of my beloved teacher General Ogre whom you slaughtered. I WILL DELIVER JUSTICE!” Seryuu shouted while shooting at us. “Why don’t ya learn ta keep yer mouth shut!” I shouted while catching the bullet using Elemental Heart and throwing it into Hecatonchires, who proceeded to charge at us before Mine shot at him, when he was 10 feet away from us, giving me the ability to mimic Pumpkin. “Mimic: Pumpkin” I said under my breath. “I’ll take on the dog, y’all get the girl.” I said charging at him and cutting into pieces, making sure I didn’t hit the core, “Kuro go Berzerk!” I heard Seryuu shout as she was trying to fight Sheele and Mine. Just Kuro grew ten times larger, and turned into a reddish brown color tring to punch me, but the Pumpkin ability increased my power as I entered danger so I could do more damage when I shot him trying to find his core. I then heard a gunshot and saw Sheele fall with blood exiting her chest. “WHY YOU LITTLE!” I shouted rushing at Seryu grabbing her and slamming her head into the ground, “next time, don’t screw with Night Raid,” Kuro then ran in and took Seryu away. “Come on let’s leave before more guards arrive.” I said to Mine while picking up the unconscious Sheele and a few guards arrived, I grabbed Extase, “Please Extase, lend me yer strength.” I said holding it up “Blinding Light” When I said that Extase produced a blinding light. “Let’s get movin’ Mine.” I said pushing her towards the base as a thunderstorm started.

Mine rushed back to base, I tried to heal her by staying in the woods and using Elemental Heart to heal Sheele, it works slightly, I sealed the wound, but she was still unconscious. I could hear her talk to the other members, “Mine.” Tatsumi said, “Where’s Sheele?” She didn’t answer, “Where. Is. Sheele?” Tatsumi asked again I could here that he was upset, “Sh- sh- she’s right ‘ere, Tatsumi.” I said with tears rolling down my face as I came out of the woods carrying Sheele in my arms. “Is she?” Tatsumi asked. “No just unconscious.” I responded “Who did this?” Tatsumi asked. “We’ll explain soon.” Mine said. “Y/n,” Tatsumi started, “Take me to the person who did this, I will get revenge.” “There’s no need for that Tatsumi.” the boss said, “Our friend was almost killed,” Tatsumi said, “Did you think I am just going sit and stay silent!” Tatsumi then got slapped to the ground by Bulat. “Quit acting like a child Tatsumi!!” Bulat said, “Compose yourself!!! When did anyone say that we couldn’t be harmed or killed?!! You knew this could happen when you joined us!!”

I then walked Sheele to her room and I laid her in her bed, removing her glasses and cleaning the wound, I then kissed her head and walked out to inform the boss of what happened. “I see,” the boss said, “So Seryu Ubiquitous has become a powerful new adversary.” “The next time I see her in battle, I will not hold back, an’ only God will have mercy on her soul.” I said holding on to Extase, “The empire will now finally understand” The boss started in a speech manner, “It takes a teigu to fight a teigu. And now they will bring in more teigu users to fight for them. But what that means for us… Is that the chances to collect more teigu will increase!” “Boss, ya mind if I keep usin’ Extase ‘til Sheele comes back into action?” I asked, “I don’t see why you shouldn’t use it, seeing as the two of you are.” she started, “No need to finish that.” I said interrupting her, “Thank you ma’am.” I then left to Sheele’s room to wait by her side for her to wake up.