Chapter 4: Headhunting

POV: Y/n

As I ate breakfast with the rest of Night Raid, the boss came in and spoke about our next mission. “Your next target,” she started, “is Zank the beheader, who has killed dozens of people in the Capital.” “I don’t know who that is.” Tatsumi stated, “You really are a country hick aren’t you.” Mine stated “HEY, I take offense ta that!” I replied. “Um…” Sheele started, “I don’t think I know either.” “Don’t worry Sheele,” Leone stated, “You probably just forgot.” “Zank the beheader worked in the largest prison in the Capital, as the executioner.” Lubbock started “But after the Prime Minister kept sending people there, he executed scores of people, and it eventually drove him crazy, so when he left he developed a nasty habit of beheading people.” “I’m goin’ to be honest here,” I started, “When we held executions for criminals in our village, we hung ’em from the tall oak with all th’ rope we had, and if that didn’t work, I shot ‘em in the head.” “Then let’s go get this killer and beat his ass!” Tatsumi said “I like the enthusiasm,” Bulat started, “but Zank has a Teigu, so you are not ready for this, at least not alone.”

Later that night I stood there with Tatsumi and Akame as we heard guards running by. “Hey Akame,” Tatsumi asked, “Can I ask you something.” “What.” She replied, “What’s a teigu?” Tatsumi asked. “This.” She replied drawing her katana, Murasame. “I’m going to the bathroom.” Tatsumi replied leaving for an alleyway.

A few moments later, Tatsumi hadn’t returned so I was concerned “Good Lord.” I started, “How large a’ bladder th’ boy have?” as I looked in the alleyway, I saw Tatsumi walking away. “Akame, come quick, Tatsumi’s goin’ somewhere.” I said chasing after him. When I caught up to him, I noticed that he was hugging headhunter Zank, I heard him say something about a Sayo. “Tatsumi, yer holdin’ Zank!” I shouted, drawing my katana and rushing in. “Oh, well it appears I’ve touched a nerve.” Zank said, slashing and throwing Tatsumi to the ground and rushing at me with two blades mounted on his wrist, I was able to hold him off for a while, when suddenly, he turned into Sheele. “Sheele?” I started “Why’re ya here? Ya should be with Mine.” Wait, she shouldn’t be here, this must be his teigu. I thought, I must ignore this “Y/n don’t believe it, whoever you’re seeing isn’t there!” Tatsumi shouted as I broke out of the illusion. “Whoever he sees is getting to him, he can’t hear a word you’re saying, he’s seeing the person closest to him.” Zank maliciously replied. “AKAME NOW!” I shouted as Akame jumped off my back cutting Zanks head clean off. “Y/n, are you ok?” I heard Sheele ask as Akame ran to Tatsumi “Yea Sheele.” I replied, “Hey Y/n who did you see in there?” Tatsumi asked, “I saw Sheele in there.” I responded before thinking to myself. Weird, why didn’t I see my wife or even my kids. We then left for base when everyone arrived to the commotion.

Back at baseI tried on Zank’s teigu, Spectator, when I but it on, nothing happened, until I had a memory relapse. “Kakoshi, my teigu, I am givin’ you complete freedom after I give you this next command.” my partner said. “No, Y/n,” I stated, “If we fuse, I will fail my mission to your wife to bring you home.” “I don’t care Kakoshi, if I don’t I won’t be returnin’ anyway, I’ll get to see my wife.” Y/n said, “Now, Fu-sion-NOW!” As he said that, he laid his hand on my chest and a blinding light overwhelmed us. “GAAH.” I shouted taking off the teigu. “What happened Y/n?” Leone asked. “Nothin’, Leone.” I said. “Umm… back on what I asked earlier,” Tatsumi started, “What’s a teigu?” “I’ll explain Tatsumi,” the boss started, “About a thousand years ago, when the empire was still new, the First Emperor wished for a way to forever protect his country, so he gathered the most precious resources, legend says he used materials from the most dangerous of legendary class creatures, the ultra rare metal Orihalcon, and had the greatest scientific minds from all over the world to create, weapons that would protect the country for eternity. And with the Emperor’s absolute power and limitless fortune, they accomplish that which is impossible in the current era. They created the 48 weapons called Teigu. Now do you understand Tatsumi?” “Yea I understand.” Tatsumi said.

“Sorry boss,” I interrupted, “but ye’r wrong, there weren’t 48 teigu created, there were 49, and y’all’re lookin’ at the 49th.” “What are you talking about Y/n?” Akame asked. “When the First Emperor was making the Teigu, he made one more, me, Kakoshi, the mimic teigu, I thought my name was Y/n, but that was my pardner, he was the one who married and had children. I’m guessin’ this articulation was gathered when we fused, which is my trump card, but since I’ve done this countless times before, but this time since I was shot in the tempor’l lobe, his accent wore off on me, but if y’all want to call me Y/n out of respect, I’m fine.” I responded, looking down. “So how does mimic work?” Tatsumi asked. “Any teigu I see use it’s special ability I can copy it, blade types, or ones that do not obviously show an effect are difficult like  Akame’s Murasame, Mine’s Pumpkin or  Sheele’s Extase, but armor and blood types are easy because the effect can be seen, like so, Mimic: Incursio.” I responded turning into a version of Bulat’s armor, but with a brown helmet, shoulder plates and cape resembling my attire, instead of white and silver. “Cool,” Bulat started, “I like the color change.” “So if you wield a teigu can you use it’s effects?” the boss asked, “I don’t know.” I responded, “One of Zank’s abilities was to project an image into opponents mind, try that with me.” Tatsumi replied jumping in front of me. “Ok I’ll try.” I said trying to activate the ability, but I activated another one. “I don’t need to see that,” I said turning my head up and closing my eyes after seeing under Tatsumi’s clothes. “Yep he can use a teigu’s powers.” Tatsumi replied. “If y’all don’t mind,” I started, “I’m headin’ to my room.” As I said that I left to my room for the night.

A few moments later, I heard a knocking at my door. “Come in.” I said rolling over in bed to see Sheele walking in. “Hey Y/n, how are you feeling?” she asked, “Yea, but I could be better.” I responded as Sheele sat down in the chair beside me. “You know Y/n, I like you alot.” She said. “Thanks, Sheele,” I responded, “I guess ya’d want to go out on a date or somethin” “Yes, that sounds wonderful.” Sheele respond. “Well,” I started, “Where do ya want to go tomorrow?” “I can’t really leave the base, we could just have a picnic by the river.” Sheele responded, “But I’m in the mood for something else right now.” As she said that she took off her glasses and snuck into my bed. “I don’t know if yer more beautiful with or with out yer glasses.” I said in a sly manner.