Two.

Naruto was just peacefully sleeping, when in came an ANBU, and scared the crap out of him! "AHHHH! Oh, just you. Uh, hello, Mr. ANBU."

"Hello, Naruto-kun. I'm here to inform you that you'll be joining the ANBU. Please meet me tomorrow, in the morning, and inside your training room if you want to join. Here is your uniform." He said as he handed Naruto a uniform. It consists of black clothing, a grey flak jacket, metal arm guards and gloves, ninja sandals with spikes for traveling the mountains, or fighting in a rough landscape.

"Thank you, Inu, or should I say Kakashi?" 

Kakashi widened his eyes when Naruto said his name. He quickly got out of his room, and back into the ANBU base.

*·*·*·*·*·*·*·*·*·*·*·*·* Time Skip *·*·*·*·*·*·*·*·*·*·*·*

The next morning, Naruto rushed to his training ground, excited to join the ANBU. He had his uniform on, and a red scarf wrapped around his neck, it was winter, after all. As expected, the 17-year-old ANBU was there, waiting for the blond boy. He walked to him, only to be picked up, and carried away.

Naruto didn't pay any mind to it. He got a closer look at Kakashi's mask, it was painted with red strips at the sides, and the mask looks like a red and white snarling wolf.

Half an hour later..........

Later on, they got to ROOT ANBU HQ. It wasn't as bad as it was rumored to be. Danzo was there, waiting for them. 

"Hello, child. Inu, you may go." Kakashi nodded and left. "Now, please, child, tell me your name. I don't know what it is."

"Naruto!" He shouted excitedly.

"Okay, Naruto, we are going test your ability, but first, who, do you want to work under? Me, or Hokage-sama?"

His voice went from cheery, to emotionless. "The Hokage." Naruto practically spat out.

"Why?"

"I want to see the Hokage's face when he realizes his idiot son is an ANBU. He caused me so much pain, "

"Follow me then," the war hawk told him.

They walked into a training ground, specifically for ANBU testing. Danzo left the blond jinchuuriki, him seeing the ANBU at the other side of the room, "You may begin."

The ANBU jumped at him, aiming to knock him out. Naruto dodged, and him on back of the leg, knocking him off his legs. "Suiton, Water Dragon Jutsu!" A dragon made up of water came out of nowhere. Naruto again dodged it and performed a technique of his own.

"Doton, Yomi Numa!" The landscape became swamp-like, then Naruto disappeared into the thick fog that surrounded them. And while the ANBU was distracted, Naruto hit the back of his neck, knocking him out. He heard clapping. Danzo was there, smiling proudly. "Ok, Naruto-kun, you have your mask and clothes. Go up to the Hokage tower, then tell him you are a new recruit."

"Hai, Jiji." Danzo smiled at the nickname. Naruto sunshined(?) away.

Later, at the Hokage Tower

Minato, the Fourth Hokage, was doing paperwork. He was tired. Very tired. And, also Minato was seething, well, trying to glare holes into his fifth stack of paperwork that week. And, but then all of the sudden, he felt an unusual amount of chakra.

"Hokage-sama," he bowed respectfully. "Uh, yes, who are you?" Minato questioned him. "ANBU Fox. I'm a new recruit." Naruto responded. "You look too young. No way are you an ANBU." Minato said to him.

'You ass.' Naruto seethed within his mind. "But, may I have an S-rank mission?" Minato looked in a folder and handed the younger boy a scroll. He sunshined out. Around five minutes later, he saw the same person, with a bloody head in his hand. The mission was to assassinate Toyuko Moko. He had said person's head. "Um, ok, here is your ryo," Minato said. He bowed and left.

'How troublesome. Now I what gotta get for the kid's birthday, I know what to get for Minani, for Naruto...... Oh, shit. I know nothing about him. We neglected him. I have to talk to Kushina about this.'

Namikaze-Uzumaki Compound

'Oh no. We neglected him.' They thought in sync.

Hello! Sorry for the short chapter, I'm out of ideas. 😅