garden shed

"william denbrough will now be taking guest"

richie, eddie and henry all stood up and followed the doctor.

"he's still asleep but we're sure he'll wake up pretty soon"

henry nodded as the two other boys walked in. there he was, bill, he was just laying there unable to do anything.

"he looks peaceful" richie commented and eddie nodded.

"this might be the wrong time, but what'd he do guys?" henry asked, still unsure of the whole situation.

richie raised his hand a little, about to explain when eddie, once again cut him off.

"he tried to kill himself, overdosed on some of his moms pills." eddie said, saying it felt a lot worse than just showing him the texts.

"oh god, why?" henry asked, he seemed even more confused now but still incredibly sad.

"he's been having some...... problems, i guess." eddie mumbled, still not sure if he should spill bill's secrets.
henry didn't say anything, he just looked at bill. it was honestly the saddest thing anyone has seen.

"hey guys.." the three boys looked up and saw mike, stan, bev and ben.

"hey." was all that was said, and then it was an awkward silence between the 7, 8 including bill but he couldn't exactly say anything. for a couple minutes they all just stood there, looking at the unconscious boy.

"my baby!" a high pitched voice rung out, bills mom. everyone knew she didnt actually care, she was just there because she had to be.

"hey mrs. denbrough." richie spoke up, uninterested in her.

"we should go." eddie whispered to everyone, knowing their presence was unwanted. the 7 made their way out of the room and back into the waiting room.

there was still an awkward silence lingering in the air but it was broken when stanley decided to say something.

"what did he do?"

richie, eddie and henry all glanced at each other, should he really know? but he should know, they all should.

"bill tried to kill himself." henry said after a couple seconds of contemplating what he was going to say. there was an array of gasps and beverly choked out a sob.

"why?" mike asked in a small voice, bill seemed fine, happy almost.

"he just had some problems i guess." eddie inquired, he didnt like this topic,he didnt like having to say that his best friend tried to kill himself.

"c'mon eds, lets go home." richie said, he didnt want to be here anymore either. the two waved and walked out of the hospital, they were unsure of how any one of the losers could still be in there. meanwhile, everyone decided they should leave too, except stan.

stan sat in the waiting room until he saw a familiar small denbrough walk through the hospital doors.

"hey georgie." stanley said, and the young boy walked over to stan, giving him a big hug. georgie did not understand what happened, he was still too young, they dont learn about this kind of stuff in fourth grade.

"why's bill in here?" georgie asked, his parents wouldnt tell him why, so maybe stan would. 

"he got sick last night, super sick, so they had to take him here to make sure he was okay." stanley's voice quivered, he tried not to cry so georgie wouldnt get upset.

"o-okay." georgie climbed up on stanley's lap and curled up to him. stan hugged the smaller boy, wishing that this wasnt the circumstance where he was hugging bill denbrough's younger brother.

"georgie, honey come on!" bill's mother called and georgie got up and skipped over to his parents waving over to stanley. stan got up and walked over to the nurse who pointed people in different directions.

"excuse me, miss. i was wondering if you could tell me when my friend, bill denbrough, might wake up?" stan asked.

"oh, let me check." she smiled, her name was rosa.

"oh alright, he should wake up in maybe 2 weeks, im sorry sweetie were not exactly sure, he took a lot of pills and is lucky to be alive." stan was mad at rosa but her voice was so sweet and soft that it was hard to keep an upset face.

"thanks." stan mumbled and walked out. what was he going to do?

while stan was walking home he felt his phone vibrate in his pocket, it was the groupchat.

richie added eddie to the chat!

richie
are any of you going to school tomorrow?

eddie
i have to
but i'll see if i can stay home

bev
me and ben are staying home

mike
me too

henry
the gangs staying home

stan
im gonna be home

richie
is everyone okay? im being serious

mike
i mean, i dont think everyone is, its just
so much to process

victor
^^^

henry
it is hard

ben
maybe we should get some sleep, it might help a little

stan
yeah thats a good idea

henry
night kiddos

|created january 27th, 2018|
834 words
- sara