Chapter 1 - The Beginning

Hello, everybody! This is my first story on wattpad and the only thing I'm asking from you is that you enjoy the book and give me some feedback! This is a pokemon fanfic in a world quite different and still quite similar to the one we all love! So, here it is!

It was my first night at the academy, the happiest moment of my life! All my life I had been living in the servants' quarters and dreaming about the day I would be old enough to join the academy as a student and finally fulfill my dream of becoming a pokemon trainer. I turned 14 this year, and was finally old enough! By the way, I'm a boy if you haven't figured out yet!

You see, it's not like old times anymore! Pokemon have been classified under "ranks", you can still level up your pokemon, but each type of pokemon has a "rank". For example, a Rattata is ranked 1 in the pokemon scale, whilst a Charizard is ranked a 15, these levels don't depend on how much you've trained your pokemon, but they depend on which type and evolution your pokemon is. You are not even allowed to start training pokemon before your ceremony!

People are also "ranked", but not in the same way, this is to make sure that a trainer doesn't take on pokemon that they can't control! Trainers are ranked by a test they take early on in their carreer and shows them which level their team can be at! The level that the trainer gets is the level that his or her party has to be at (when added). They do not count the pokemon who are stored away in another lab.

The normal amount that a trainer will be ranked at on his or her first year is 12, but as time and battling goes on, their ranks go up, the same can not be said about pokemon... Some people are even above average when they start, due to genes, experience and even contact with pokemon! I'll have to get some sleep if I'm supposed to wake up for the ceremony tomorrow!

"Goodnight" I slowly whispered to a little rock on the night stand, it was my lucky charm.