Chapter 4 - The Rival!

As my heart was going to stop of joy, the headmaster started speaking again, this time very satisfied!

"Xatu just told me the results and I must say, we have some pretty powerful trainers here, of course, just by their rank, not judging by anything else." He said quickly, obviously surprised.

"Let's get some of them up here!" the headmaster said as he received a note from Xatu.

"Jack Oak!" he said, a boy probably my height (and age) stood up with a smile on his face, he walked up to the stage as if he was the champion, I could already feel that I didn't like this guy.

"He's got a very high ranking, 23 to be exact!" the headmaster said.

"Jack Oak has the highest rating today!" he exclaimed!

As I was opening my mouth to tell them how wrong they were, Xatu entered my mind and said, with a playful tone; "They're in for a surprise!" As I saw his mouth form to a smile on stage.

As the crowd cheered for Jack, there was suddenly a big silence and Xatu filled it by saying, "I wish it was like this, but there is someone here that has an even higher ranking!" he said, holding back laughter.

"Of course there is, I'm here!" The headmaster teased, but Jack had already wiped his smile off!

"Aaron Auditore, with a ranking of 35!" Xatu said, clearly happy for me! I slowly walked up on stage and met Jack's stare, we stared at each other for a few seconds both filled with hate. Then the headmaster yelled in surprise! "Oh Xatu, you are surprisingly funny, how could someone have a ranking of 35 on their first day?" He asked sarcastically while judging me from afar.

"The record is 28 for newcomers and even Jack didn't beat that!" he said, making Jack's face red and making him look down in embarrassment.

"Well it's true! We both know that I never predict the wrong ranking, so you will all just have to accept it!" Xatu said loudly so everybody could hear.

"Oh, I'm so embarrassed" I thought to myself. At least nobody had given me any attention since I came down from the stage, everybody were minding their own business. Suddenly someone bumped into me and I recognised Jack's disgusting face! "Whatch where you're going!" He said in a threatening tone. Although I had a really short temper and could easily beat him, I just didn't want to get any trouble. So I just said sorry and walked away.