Lies

Jason

Her soft body quivers underneath my fingertips. Oh how I want to press my lips against her once again but I don't want to scare her too much. I gently pick her up again and set her on the bridge of my nose so that I can look up at her. I feel her small hands pressing against my skin as she tries to get up. I set my index finger on her back and gently press down pushing her back into place. Her navy eyes avoid my brown ones. "Come on, why won't you look at me Anne." She doesn't give me an answer. I give an angry sigh and roll over on my side causing Annabelle to fall onto the thick blanket. I press my finger against her stomach keeping her on her back. "What is your deal?" She struggles to get up but I just press a little harder. "You forced me into marriage and I'm more of a pet to you than a wife so why don't you just leave me alone." I pull my finger away in shock.

"Anne, I barely knew you yesterday and yesterday you could be nothing more than a pet please don't blame me for not knowing how to treat you as a wife because I don't know how. Can you please except that you are now my wife and that I am your husband and that we must treat each other as such even with the size difference?"

I gently brush her chocolate colored hair out of her face and wait for her answer.

Annabelle

Jason strokes my hair as he patiently waits for my answer. I look up at him trying to figure out how this will work. "I promise but please be carful with me." He smiles and every so gently lifts me and set me on the pillow beside him. "I will." He blows out the candle and sets his hand on top of me.

Jason

Her small body snuggles into my hand. "I love you Anne." I whisper surprised at the feeling in my voice. Maybe this was meant to be. I feel her stir slightly. "I love you too Jason." I smile and watch as she slowly falls asleep and soon after I do the same.

I wake up with her snuggled up to my cheek. We must have moved in our sleep. I sigh and sit up, rubbing the sleep from my eyes. Below me I hear a small squeak as Annabelle yawns. I gaze down at her and she smiles up at me. The first time she has ever truly smiled at me. I scoop her up in my hands and raise her to my face. I tenderly kiss her. I feel her lean in. This is also a first. I slowly pull away and lean back against the headboard with a happy sigh. I hear Annabelle giggle and I close my fingers tightly around her waist and raise her in front of my face. "What's so funny?" She struggles slightly so I loosen my hold realizing how uncomfortable she must feel. "Nothing." She looks down, avoiding my gaze. I delicately raise her chin and smile at her. "You can tell me, I promise I won't get angry." She gives me a small smile. "It just seems like you enjoy humans after all." I pull her close so that she is leaning against my chest. "That's not entirely true but I can promise that I enjoy you." I say softly. She snuggles against me and grasps my nightshirt in her minuscule fists. I gently stroke her hair but then the door suddenly opens.

We both start and I almost drop Annabelle. She starts to slide in between my hand and chest but I quickly catch her. I turn my attention towards the door. I feel anger swelling inside of me but then I feel Annabelle slip her tiny hand into my right one and I start to calm down. A servant waits at the door with a large tray of food and a fearful expression. "I..I...I'm so s..s..sorry master." He waits shivering at the door. "It's alright page just set it here in the center of the bed." Page steps forward and quickly lays the tray on the bed. He pauses a moment to look at me and my tiny wife who sits in my hand. "Off with you then." I growl quietly. He almost runs out of the room, slamming the door behind him. I chuckle quietly. I look down and notice a judgmental look from Annabelle. "What he wouldn't stop starring at you."

I set her down on the large tray and get some small pieces of food for her. Because we are married Anne is expected to eat the same as I do. She doesn't seem to mind too much. Thankfully the staff had provided human sized eating ware for her. We both eat quickly then I get up to dress behind the screen and she changes on the bed.