Chapter One: Allie

18. I'm now 18 years old and it's time to give my oath and pledge to my pack. It also starts my courting season.

This is the time where suitors will court me and I will have to select a mate out of them. Of course I don't have to and could go without a mate.

As werewolves, we have a deep connection to our inner wolf from the time we are born. Our wolves deep within us normally tell us who is the proper mate for us but it can be quite confusing at times.

I get out of bed and head downstairs. I'm greeted by the delicious smell of pancakes and bacon. My favorite.

"Morning Mom." I say to my flour-covered mother in the kitchen.

"Hola hija. Happy birthday, I made your favorite!"

"Yay!!!" I sat down as she passed me the nutella.

My parents door opened up and my dad stepped out looking as....well dad as ever

"Ah there's my baby girl!" My dad said as he came down the stairs towards me. He kissed me on the head then did the same to my mom.

My dad is the Captain of the guards of the pack. he is in charge of all the training and guards.

My mom was the alpha's daughter and he courted her and it's been history since. My uncle is now our Alpha since Grandpa stepped down ten years ago.

"Don't forget to pick up your dress and shoes at the shop for the party." Mom reminded me. Tonight was the huge party where suitors will come to meet me.

'Let's go for a run!' My wolf, Lena, said.

'Fine but just for a little bit.' I said back.

"Sure, I'm just going to go for a quick run."

"OK, be safe! And remember, if  anyone gives you a trouble, use the skills I taught you." dad tells me. I nod my head chuckling as I kiss his cheek.

I head off towards the woods near our house and once I'm out of sight, I shift into my white wolf form. I pick up the bag of my clothes with my mouth and run.

I run for a short time until I get to the lake. I shift back and dress back into my clothes and sit at the waters edge.

I used to come here a lot. After my friend, Tanya left last year to live with her mate, its been lonely. At least I met my best friend Camille though and she has brightened my life a lot.

Her parents were killed by rogue wolves and her only family was in our pack so she came to stay with us.

I had one other close friend and....well let's just say we don't speak of him. Ever.

After a few minutes I head back to my house and get into my car and head to my Aunt's dress shop.

Once I got there she came out and hugged me.

"Oh! Mi nina hermosa!" (My beautiful girl)

"Hola tia, mama told me to pick up my dress," I said as I hugged her.

"Sì! This way! Vamos!" She led me to the back of the shop to the changing room and opened the door. Laying inside was the most beautiful dress I've ever seen. It was long and blue Cinderella like dress that fluffed out at the bottom.