Twenty

Justin

"You okay?" I rub Zayn's back gently.  He hums softly, burying his face into my neck.  I chuckle before kissing the top of his head. "Do you want anything?"

"Just you, Daddy," he kisses my bare chest.

I lean my head back against my pillow. "Are you tired?" He nods against me. "Are you comfortable?" Again, he nods. "Okay, you're shivering, do you need another blanket?"

"Daddy," he whines, "just go to sleep!"

I let out a breath. "Okay," I mumble, "goodnight, baby, I love you."

After a few minutes of silence in the complete dark, I kiss Zayn's head. "Daddy!" He yells as he sits up.

I sit up also, turning on the lamp. "What? All I did was kiss your head!" I grab his cheeks in my hands. "What happened? Are you alright?"

He huffs, pushing my hands away. "I am very tired. Please let me sleep," he lays back down.

I turn the lamp off and wrap my arm around his waist, bringing his back against my chest. He lets out a breath before snuggling back into me. I grin and lean my head into the crook of his neck.

"I love you, Zayn."

"L-Love you, Dada."

The next morning...

"Daddy," my little pats my chest. "Daddy, wake up."

I grab his waist and place him back into the bed next to me. "It's early, my little prince. Let's go back to sleep," I whisper.

"Can I let Gingy in here first? She's meowin'," he informs me.

I nod, "quickly, baby. Daddy wants to hold his little boy."

I hear the door click open and a small giggle. Zayn climbs back into bed and nuzzles against me. Ginger jumps into the bed, making the kittens follow. I huff before moving closer to my baby to let them have my side of the bed.

I pull Zayn on top of me as I move to lay on my back. He hums, burying his face into my neck. "Daddy?"

"Mhm?" I open my eyes.

"You's sleepy?"

I nod, "yes, are you?"

He nods, "I am." Everything is quiet for awhile. About ten minutes later, Zayn jumps awake and sits up straight. "Dada," he gasps.

I look up at him with wide eyes. "What?" I rub his arms, "what happened, baby?"

"There's someone in the guest room."

I smile, "I know," I pull him back down. "My friends are setting up a surprise for you, my love." I kiss his head. "Let's go back to sleep. It will be done when you wake up."

...

"DADDY!" I jump and fall off the bed. I land on my back with a groan. "I'm awake. Can I see my surprise?" I let out a grunt as my reply. Zayn looks over the edge. "You's otay?"

I nod, breathing heavily. "Give me a minute."

He slides onto the floor and onto my waist. "I sorry, Daddy." He kisses my cheek slowly. I close my eyes. "Really sorry," he moves his lips down to my neck.

I grab his waist. "It's fine. Let me up," I mumble. He moves off of me with a pout. I pull some pajama pants from my drawers before pulling them on. "Come on," I extend my hand to Zayn. He grabs it and I lead him to the guest room. He gasps loudly. "This is for you, baby." I smile over at him. "It's your own room."

"

He latches himself onto me, tackling me into the biggest hug there is

He latches himself onto me, tackling me into the biggest hug there is. "Thank you, Dada," he whispers, "so much."

"You're welcome," I kiss his head. "Now go play! Explore your new room. Daddy is gonna hop in the shower."