Exposed

Charles Evans' (Richies' dad) POV (Same time period as chapter 7)

Myself and Evelyn decided to invite Ray and Katelyn for lunch down at a local pub and grill, to get to know them better since our kids all became best friends with each other.

We met them there, Katelyn and Ray both being formally dressed. It was not hard for anyone to see that these two were people with class.

Charles: "Here!" I call them to our table.

They join us at our table and we order some drink; a beer for myself and Ray while the ladies ordered a bottle of red wine.

We talked about our children and their schools, planning a trip for our two families to the Grand Canyon. My little Richie would probably kill us if I told him we're going camping, but this would be a fun experience for him and his new best friend, and for all of us to bond.

Then suddenly while we're having our fun conversation and enjoying the steaks we got for lunch.

I saw him... I couldn't believe my eyes... A host from my past... Indeed...

He sees me... He walks this way and finishes a phone call he was on...

Fear overwhelms me... My family's safety... They were never to find out...

Kevin...

The name that almost cost me my life. Evelyn sees him... She sees the fear on my face; hers being covered in confusion.

Kevin leans down and whispers in my ear "Tell your son Mr K says hi" and walks away with a sly smirk on his face.

My son... Richie... Worry consumes me.

I run out of there and jump in my car. I can hear Evelyn, Katelyn and Ray running and calling me, but I can't focus on them now. My son is in danger.

I speed home and rush inside Alicia and Tyler try to greet me, but I brush them off. I run past them and rush to Richie's room...

I hear Jake asking "Who is Mr K?" as I rush into the room.

Richie: "Dad?" he questions with a horrid expression on his face.

Jake: "Mr Evans? Hi?"

Charles: "Tell me everything now!"

Richie starts telling me everything, but is interrupted when Alicia, Tyler, Katelyn, Ray and Evelyn barge into the room. He gives a questioning look at Jake; as if to ask if he can continue the story. Jake gives him a reassuring look as if to say he can tell us everything.

Richie then continues to tell us about him and Jake and how Mr K fits into all of this. And now... All of the focus is on me, Jake's parents assuring him that they're okay with him being gay and as long as Richie makes him happy, they approve.

Evelyn: "Sweetheart, but how are you connected to Mr K?"

Charles: "Follow me"

They all proceed to follow me to the safe in my room. I promised myself, for their safety, that I would never tell them. But now I'll have to come clean.

I take out a little black box from the back of the safe, I take out the contents of the box...

Charles: "It's my old badge. I was in the CIA and Mr K or Kevin, was my last case. He's a poacher, who killed over 500 rhino's in the course of one year in Africa. I infiltrated his organisation and managed to shut it down; but thanks to a mole in the CIA I almost lost my life, but my partner at that time was your mom's cousin Jeanine. She died saving me, her last words to me were "Promise me you'll take care of Evelyn, she loves you." And I never broke that promise"