SEVEN.

Zara.

The topaz house girls were known as party queens. In our hostels, there were four houses. Topaz, Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald. As the colour of the gems were, so was the colour of the house they were named after.

It was Friday night and the Topaz girls were hosting a party. It was in their room. Normally, these parties weren't exactly parties as we were restricted to certain things used for parties. It was more like a sing and dance thing. Either everyone's voice rang out and sang while someone drummed and we'd all dance or someone who sneaked in a contraband; phone would play the music. It was normally so much noise.

Betty had bought a cocktail wine. We had no idea where or how she was able to sneak it in. However, she popped it in the middle of the dance and drank from the bottle before passing it. I made up my mind not to drink from it. Too much lips, saliva and tongue. Eww.

Ene was a terrific dancer. In the group, she was the best, after her Mona. The rest of us were wack when it came to dancing. The girls were chanting to Mr Eazi's Leg over.

The drummer, Baby Favour suddenly stopped and shouted. "Since we can't go to the party......"

Every responded. "We bring the party here! "

And the singing started. "Oh baby favour..!"

Lil kesh's baby favour rang out in the room. I watched as My best friend wiggled her waist and danced to the music. When the wine got to her, she declined. Ene caught me staring at her. I winked. She rolled her eyes and walked over to me. She dragged me with her to the dance floor and forced me to dance.

I laughed.

"Tomorrow is social night you guys know ba?" Karen shouted.

Everyone turned to her. She was afterall the head girl.

Baby favour snorted. "Karen baby. It's just to unease tense. Was a long week."

Karen smiled and turned back to her corner. Her corner was the head corner and the largest. Karen had some sort of authority when she talked. Even before she was the head girl. I always thought that was why the post was given to her. That and her intelligence. Mirabel the deputy head girl was entirely different. She barely talked, with her huge rimmed glasses and curvy body, she was always by the corner. Not giving a care about what went on around her. She always topped the class. Mirabel was extremely reserved, she barely socialized with anyone. Except the deputy head boy who obviously had the hots for her.

The dancing continued.

"SS3 girls!" We heard the caretaker Mummy Christy call out. "Keep your mouth shut. It's late."

Everyone suddenly kept quiet. Baby Favour had stopped drumming.

Suddenly, Ene screamed out. "When I no dey see bread talkless of Akara. All the fine girls they use me dey shakara..."

Everybody suddenly sang along and Baby Favour went back to drumming. Grinning hard, I danced with my crazy best friend.

The night was still young.

             ===================

"Seriously Kevin abi Calvin... gimme the spoon." Ene sighed impatiently.

Kevin held it up above his head and waved it. He was taller than Ene so it wasn't easy for her to reach out and get it.

"I was sitting on my own jejelly (quietly) before this one just snatched my spoon from me. Can't you see I'm hungry?!" Ene snapped, apparently having had enough of his bullshit.