o n e - a party

song for this chapter - havana by camila cabello

august 2016

"yasmine! are you almost ready? we're gonna be late!" my sister everly said as she knocked on my bedroom door. she's so dramatic. 'we're gonna be late!' no, we're gonna be the first ones there. it was 4:30, people weren't gonna start arriving until 6, and we were three minutes away.

"yes! give me 5 minutes!" i replied as i finished curling the last strand of my hair. i threw it up in a ponytail leaving a few front pieces down.

lisa and sean dolan were throwing their annual end of summer party. ever since we were little, lisa and sean always had a party the last saturday before school started. some of their family members were there, while cameron, ethan and grayson had all of their friends come. mainly cameron though, ethan and grayson only had a few close friends, me being one of them.

i got up from my vanity and walked over to my mirror. i was wearing high waisted shorts and a white tube top, with a black bikini underneath. i threw on my fuzzy slides, put some hoops in and called it good.

i walked downstairs and was greeted by my family.

"took you long enough! you act like we're going to the met ball." ryder said as he smirked and got up from the couch.

"haha very funny." i said as i rolled my eyes and grabbed my bag from the hallway. once we had everything we were bringing, we all piled into my dad's range rover.

we were early, which wasn't a surprise since that usually was how it was whenever our families would get together.

"i'm going to go see if lisa needs help with anything. you girls have fun, and ryder, don't do anything stupid." my mom said as she grabbed two fruit trays from the trunk. everly and I laughed, knowing she was referring to how ryder usually acted in front of cam.

while mom and dad went inside, everly, ryder, and i made our way to the backyard where the party was being held.

their house looked incredible, which was nothing new. lisa was amazing when it came to interior design. there were lights all over, and they always looked especially beautiful at night. there was a huge slide going into the pool, which had been ryder's favorite thing since we were little. the gray couches on the back patio looked brand new, even though they had had them for years. lisa and sean had recently gotten new chairs and love seats to go around the fire pit, which was going to be perfect for tonight.

i tossed my bag behind the couch and quickly turned around when i heard someone yelling.

"hey best friend!" i turn to see grayson, doing a backflip off the diving board of the pool. i giggled as water splashed all along the perimeter of the pool.

"hi gray!" i waved as he came back up, got out and grabbed his towel. he came over to me giving me a hug, as if we haven't seen each other in six months, when it had really barely been three days.

"how are you? i've missed my best friend." gray said to me as he released me.

"i've been good, i'm just not looking forward to school starting. everyone says junior year is the hardest." this was true. all the upperclassmen would say how junior year sucked for them, school wise and in their own personal lives. i'd been dreading it since we were freshman.

"hey, don't even worry about it. you've maintained a 4.0 since, like, middle school. you'll kick junior years ass." he said, smiling down at me.

just then, my brother came running over to us, only in his swim shorts and flip flops, clearly just a bit eager for the party to start.

"ryder! my man!" grayson said as him and my brother grabbed hands and did some weird, typical teenage boy handshake.

"grayson! it's been too long buddy. where's cam?" ryder asked while looking around the backyard.

"i think she's still inside, she's been helping dad with the food."

"cool, thanks dude!" ryder then took of into the dolan's house.

ryder had the most obvious crush on cameron. he had since they were probably four years old. at this point, he didn't even try to hide it anymore. our parents would even grill him on when he was gonna ask her out.

it took me a second to notice that there was someone missing from the backyard, mainly because wherever grayson went, he went too.

"where's e?" i asked, looking up at grayson.

"he's still in his room. i don't know why, but he's been acting so weird the past few days." grayson said, as he started shaking his hair, getting even more water on me.

"that's odd. i'm gonna go get him." i gave grayson a smile and made my way inside.

*:・゚✧*:・゚✫*

yay first real chapter done!! lemme know what you guys think, leave me some comments and vote pretty please!! ily