t w o - finding ethan

song for this chapter - fresh air by future

when i got inside, i noticed ryder, everly and my parents in the kitchen, as well as lisa, sean and cameron.

"there she is!" cameron said as she ran over to me to give me a hug.

"hey cam!" i smiled at cameron after we let go. "has my brother done anything stupid yet?" i whispered to her as i glanced at ryder.

"nothing worse than usual." we both giggled as we looked at him. for once, he was actually being normal and helping set up.

after cameron and i low key made fun of my brothers obsession with her for a few moments, i turned my attention to her parents.

"hi lisa! hi sean!" i said as i gave sean a hug.

"hey, kiddo! long time no see," he said as he released me. sean was honestly the coolest dad. don't get me wrong, i loved my dad, but sean was truly a legend.

"hi dear! it's lovely to see you!" lisa came over from the island in the kitchen and gave me a hug. aside from my own mother, lisa gave the best hugs ever.
"is ethan still in his room? gray and i were wondering where he was." i asked as i looked up the staircase to see if he maybe heard me.

"as far as I know, yes. he's been up there most of the afternoon."

"okay, thank you. i'm gonna go see what's up." lisa nodded and continued setting food up on plates.
i quickly jogged up to ethan's room, stopping and knocking on his door before i entered.

"hey, e? it's yaz. can i come in?"
without a response, ethan opened his bedroom door.

"hey," he said with a smile.

"i was wondering where you were. grayson said i could find you up here."

"oh, yeah, i was just thinking about some stuff." he said with a shy smile, but not making eye contact with me.

"are you okay?"

"what? oh, yeah, there's just been a lot on my mind lately. ya know, school and tour still going on." i had totally forgotten that they were still on tour. just because summer was ending didn't mean that tour was.

4ou was crazy successful. how many 16 year olds could say that they had gone all around the world on a sold out tour for their fans? not many. thankfully, they had competed the international part at the start of summer, and only had the east coast left, with their last show being here in jersey.

"how many more shows?"

"twelve."

"oh wow."

"yeah. after next week, two a week for six weeks."

"are you guys gonna be able to miss that much school?"

"we should be okay. we had a meeting with the counselor thursday and talked about it. she said we'd just have to do our english and chemistry classes online until next semester. then we'll be back full time." this time, he gave me a smile while looking at me.