Chapter 23

Mora's Point Of View

I was trying my hardest to be a better girlfriend and not think the worst about trey but it's nearly five o'clock and he still hasn't come back to meet me an the girls at the hotel .

I don't wanna sound like a spoiled brat because I most deff appreciate the surprise party her threw me and the outfit he had picked out for the occasion but was I wrong to wanna lay up in a expensive room fuckin the brains out my man to show him my appreciation and gratitude ?

My birthday isn't over and needless to say , somethin ain't right .

"Look look" Denise pointed at the t.v screen drawing everyone's attention "Kia turn back hurry"

Following Denise's orders Kia flipped back two channels until we spotted helocipoters and police cars flooding Man Mans block

"Ohh shit" my mouth fell open and my eyes were glued to the tv screen , we al listened intently to the news anchor as Denise then instructed Kia to turn it the fuck up

"We're sitting on 145th st in UpTown Manhattan where a local drug deal Montel Johnson known to the streets as "Man Man" was found gunned down in his vehicle, we'll have more on the story on the six o'clock news

"Noooo" Denise stared blankly as if she had seen a ghost, I was more curious to hear the story the six o'clock news would reveal .

"That's nutty" Kia shook her head emotionless , I know she was probably thinking he deserved it .

My concerns were somewhere else

5:45

I paced the room , waiting for Trag to return my call , waiting for the six o'clock news to shine light on all of our unanswered questions , waiting for an emotion to shoot through my veins

Somethin was most deff not right

When six o'clock hit we all sat with our eyes glued to the tv , it was unreal

"good morning New York I'm at her at 145th st where police are investigating the murder of Motel Johnson who was found dead in his car this morning by the local trash men, Montel recieved three bullets to the head, neighbors say they spotted a black escalade peeling off from the scene of the crime about ten minutes after the man was shot"

The news anchor reported her story then turned her attention to an eye witness, a nosey old lady standing in her robe and sleep cap.

"I live right upstairs to Montel I always know when he's coming and goin I knew there was some strange things goin on up at his apartment but I minds my business but this morning something just told me to look out my window , I didn't hear any shots fired but I saw the car speeding off" the lady gave her story then another women with tears in her eyes sat in front of the car gettin herself together

"He was my baby" she cried and at first that was all she's managed to say , the reporter gave her time to pull it together before she spoke again "he was my only son , he ain't never do no wrong he always had good grades coming up , always minded his own business . My boy ain't deserve this"

The screen at the bottom of the tv informed me her name was Karen Johnson , I couldn't help but wonder of Karen knew the truth about her son and just lied to the reporter so her son wouldn't be known as a drug addicting creep or if she was really clueless to the things he did to himself and other people , I wandered if the news would soon report that Man Mans murder was a drug related murder and if they did would his mother be surprised .

It may sound cold hearted but Man Mans murder was a breath of fresh air and I was relieved.

We all sat silent , knowing the details the news left out and the police hadn't found out yet . That was information we would never share . I think my girls was as relieved as I was but the only person who had some kind of emotion was Denise , he was my enemy but he was her friend and I knew my dealings with him was the reason for his death.

We were still , waiting for one of our men to call and let us know their hands were clean and they had gotten away Scott free . None of us were able to sleep , Tragedy had us shook .

"Y'all hungry" Tise asked breaking the silence , the fear and the anticipation

"Shit I'm starving" Kia said sitting up

We were all dressed in our club wear , unprepared to spend the night out . Food was the last thing on our minds at the moment but I knew they were trying tokeep the situation calm and keep our minds off the worst .

Tise pressed the L button on the elevator leading us to the hotel lobby , goin down I couldn't take the wait anymore . Pulling out my phone I opened a new text and searched treys name

"Stop Mo" Denise put her had over my phone screen and pushed it down stopping me from typing my text

I looked at her knowing she was right and knowing sending a text would be the wrong move and would only help the police in their investigation if it had led them to the boys .

There was no questions asked they did it .. How they did it and where they were is what ate at me .

I needed answers